Intensive care unit (ICU) in Miami
When critical medical needs arise, the intensive care team at HCA Florida Mercy Hospital is available to provide around-the-clock care.
Our hospital-based ICU provides enhanced monitoring and services for people with critical conditions in Miami-Dade County. Here, ICU doctors and care teams use advanced medical technology and provide 24/7 care to ensure your health and well-being. Additionally, we provide specialized critical care in separate ICUs designated to surgical, neurological and traumatic conditions.
Reasons someone may need intensive care
People may need intensive care for:
- Heart conditions, such as very low or high blood pressure, arrhythmias or heart attacks
- Lung and breathing conditions, such as acute asthma or severe pneumonia
- Neurological conditions, such as strokes, seizures and spinal cord injuries
- Recovery from intensive surgery
- Recovery from traumatic injuries
- Serious infections, such as sepsis
Specialized intensive care
In addition to our main ICU, we offer specialized units to ensure you get the comprehensive care you need.
Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
This unit is for patients experiencing an injury or disease of the nervous system (brain, spine or nerves). The unit is staffed with board-certified physicians specializing in neurological care.
Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
A patient may be admitted to our SICU if they need critical care and monitoring before and/or after surgery.
Trauma and Burn Intensive Care Unit (TBICU)
The TBICU offers specialized care for patients experiencing severe trauma or burns. Our TBICU specialists are highly trained in stabilization, medication management and recovery from trauma- and burn-related incidents.
Our hospital's intensive care program
Your health is our top priority. We work with you and your family to provide effective and personalized care.
Patient-focused intensive care
In each ICU, we offer:
- Advanced technology: We are committed to using the most advanced technologies, procedures and equipment available.
- Compassionate care: Our doctors and nurses are specially trained to care for individuals with the most serious illnesses or injuries. Each of our patients receive compassionate and attentive care around the clock to ensure their needs are met.
- Safety and security: We offer 24/7 care as well as increased visitor monitoring to ensure patient safety.
Looking for a Location?