Behavioral health care in south Miami-Dade County, Florida
If you are dealing with a mental health condition, you deserve the best treatment provided by sincere, caring and certified specialists.
That's exactly what we offer at HCA Florida Mercy Hospital. Here, our behavioral health specialists also provide care coordination and preventive programs in a calm and safe environment. All of our behavioral health programs are staffed by licensed professionals, including psychiatrists, registered nurses, clinical social workers and dietitians. This specialized team is here to offer you hope, support and healing.
Looking for another location?
Learn more about our related specialties
Mental health conditions we treat
We provide treatment and care for a wide variety of mental health and wellness conditions, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Co-occurring disorders (dual diagnoses)
- Family conflict
- Grief and loss
- Mood disorders
- Panic and anxiety
- Relationship issues
- Trauma recovery
Our behavioral health treatment programs
Our mental health services include bilingual programs and both individual- and group-based therapy options.
Mental health therapies we offer
Treatments we offer include:
- Art therapy
- Case management
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Family intervention
- Group psychotherapy
- Individual therapy
- Medication management
- Mood disorder treatment for young adults
- Psychoeducational group therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Postpartum support
Inpatient mental health care
We provide adult and senior (geriatric) acute inpatient behavioral health care for a wide range of behavioral health diagnoses. We offer this care in our newly renovated, 32-bed unit that offers an environment of safety and comfort for you.
Outpatient mental health services
If you don't require full-time monitoring or care, our behavioral health center offers outpatient mental health services. This includes a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP), offering a range of therapies. These types of programs allow you to continue to attend intensive services at the hospital during the day but go home at night.
We are continuing to offer new ways to assure uninterrupted, compassionate care for your physical and mental health wellness. That's why our inpatient and outpatient programs remain open, and we are taking every precaution by following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 guidelines to keep you and our staff safe.
Additionally, we are excited to offer you the option to participate in our outpatient program via a virtual technology platform. This is a telepsychiatry (behavioral telehealth) service that can offer you many benefits, including:
- Receiving expert clinical care when you are otherwise unable to attend face-to-face treatment
- Using WebEx Meetings, a secure HIPAA-compliant platform that is easy to use for you and the provider
- Having your confidentiality ensured with an informed consent for treatment
- Being able to establish a plan for behavioral health emergencies that may occur during a telehealth visit (reviewed with each patient before each session)
- Reduced potential exposure to viral pathogens, while maintaining your connection to others
Participating in telepsychiatry groups
We will evaluate you to see if telepsychiatry will be beneficial for you and, if appropriate, this will include training and setup for you. Patients who are appropriate for virtual group setting will need:
- Ability to download the WebEx Meetings app
- Ability to navigate telehealth platform
- Access to a private, confidential meeting space
- Access to dedicated internet access
- Access to laptop, tablet or mobile device with audio and video in real time
Behavioral health unit visitation
We welcome family and friends to visit and provide support to their loved ones while they are in our care. Our visiting hours are Monday through Sunday, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.