Primary care refers to the day-to-day healthcare you receive from your doctor. A primary care physician provides annual check ups, vaccines, physicals, care for minor injuries and illnesses, and also helps facilitate any other specialized healthcare needs.
Primary care physicians in Florida
Primary care physicians are the first line of defense for patients when injury or illness strikes.
For day-to-day care and minor injuries or conditions, your primary care doctor provides care by promoting patient health, providing counseling and more. At HCA Florida Healthcare, your family is our family and our leading primary care physicians (PCPs) offer specialized care and comprehensive care to support their health.
Looking for a Location?
Learn more about our related specialties
Conditions primary care doctors treat
Primary care doctors are experienced in treating a wide range of conditions, including:
- Acid reflux disease
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Common cold and respiratory illnesses
- Ear infections
- Flu and flu-like symptoms
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal illnesses
- Headaches and migraines
- High cholesterol and blood pressure
- Minor cuts and burns
- Minor fractures and sprains
- Rashes and minor skin conditions
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections
Treatments and services our primary care doctors offer
HCA Florida offers, but is not limited to, the following specialized areas:
Primary care services
- Chronic disease management
- Endocrinology services
- Laboratory testing and X-ray imaging
- Men’s health
- Newborn care
- Preventive care
- Senior care
- Skin biopsies
- Transitional care visits
- Well-child care and immunizations
- Women’s health
If you are an inpatient staying in one of our hospitals, you may receive care from one of our hospitalists that works solely in the hospital and does not care for patients on an outpatient basis.
- Hospitalists communicate and coordinate care with specialty providers, as needed, and communicate with patients' outpatient PCPs. The goal of our hospitalist program is to streamline patient care and increase patient satisfaction.
Primary care physicians
If you and your family are in need of a primary care, our PCPS and robust network will be with you every step of the way.
Our multidisciplinary care stretches through the state of Florida, and our esteemed team of experts are available to support your needs.
In addition to general primary care doctors, you may receive care from:
- Family medicine specialists
- Internal medicine doctors
Related Primary Care Blog Posts
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.