Inpatient rehabilitation in Florida
When you have been in the hospital for a serious illness, injury or surgery, your body needs time to recover. You may need help to ensure you go home safely, return to your daily activities with confidence and heal without risking re-injury.
Our team of expert physicians, therapists and nurses offer you an individualized care plan using the latest technological advancements. Best of all, our coordinated approach to recovery includes caregiver training and discharge planning to help you get back to your life and regular activities like doing laundry or walking in your neighborhood.
Conditions we treat
Our specialists offer care for conditions that include:
- Bone fractures
- Brain injuries
- Limb injuries or amputations
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic injuries
- Other medically complex conditions
About our inpatient rehab programs
We'll help you return to your everyday activities by creating a personal plan that works for you.
Services our programs provide
Our multidisciplinary team works together to address your physical, mental and emotional needs. Family and caregiver involvement is also welcomed and encouraged as part of your treatment plan. We offer a wide range of treatments, including:
- Cognitive (brain) function rehabilitation to strengthen memory or attention
- Occupational therapy to relearn how to perform daily tasks
- Physical therapy to strengthen and heal your muscles, heart and limbs
- Speech therapy to assist with language and swallowing issues and conditions
- Simulation labs with kitchen, laundry, bathroom and automobile
- Modern gyms with specialized equipment
- Nutritional counseling and consultation
- On-site ancillary services such as imaging, hemodialysis and wound care
- Prosthetics and orthotics assistance
Additionally, your care team may include the following specialists:
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Physical rehabilitation physicians
- Prosthetic-orthotic specialists
- Vascular specialists
- Wound care physicians
Technology we utilize
We are proud to offer the latest technological advancements to further support your recovery. Some of the technology we use includes:
- Interactive video game technology for skills like balance and endurance
- "Smart" physical therapy equipment and interactive technology
- Assistive tools that give you increased independence
- Gait training equipment that control posture and balance
The Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) evaluates the quality of inpatient rehabilitation programs by reviewing the Program Evaluation Model (PEM). The PEM measures physical improvement of skills (such as eating, dressing and walking), discharge to community and functional efficiency. Functional efficiency measures the average improvement that is made by patients each day in rehab.
We’re proud to say our inpatient rehabilitation programs’ clinical outcome scores are greater than the national average and we exceed the national average in getting patients home safely.
Interested in inpatient rehabilitation?
You can request to participate in inpatient rehabilitation or your doctor or caseworker may recommend it for you. You may also be referred for inpatient therapy after a stay in another medical facility such as an assisted living facility. Once you arrive, our programs begin with an evaluation and personalized treatment plan. Together, you and your care team will discuss the number and types of therapy sessions you need to return home as well as how to involve your family and support persons.
Looking for a location?
We didn't find any facilities that matched your search
Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.