Our Quality Commitment
Our caregivers, who are highly trained hospital staff and skilled physicians, make a difference every day in the lives of so many.
As an industry leader in clinical excellence and innovation, we rely on a powerful combination of compassionate caregivers, the latest technology, and clinical support to produce exceptional outcomes. Our caregivers, who are highly trained hospital staff and skilled physicians, make a difference every day in the lives of so many.
Among Our Quality and Patient Safety Achievements
- All 15 HCA Healthcare West Florida hospitals earned the Leapfrog Patient Safety Grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ for Spring 2020.
- 100% of our hospital Quality Leaders are certified, demonstrating their expertise in leading performance improvement.
- 100% of our hospitals have Chief Medical Officers who work with physicians to improve patient outcomes.
- 100% of our hospitals are designated Stroke Centers and three are Comprehensive Stroke Centers.
- Our rigid focus on Sepsis through the development of a real time Artificial Intelligence tool, the Sepsis Predication and Optimization Therapy (SPOT), has saved an estimated 8,000 lives in the past five years through the quick identification of patients with sepsis combined with evidence-based clinical interventions. Additionally, most of our hospitals have earned Joint Commission Sepsis Certification.
- Our best practices in blood management have greatly reduced the units of blood transfused in our hospitals.
- Expeditious surgery through the Geriatric Fracture Initiative is reducing complications, decreasing long-term mortality and shortening hospital stays in this vulnerable population.
- Tele-neurology is providing our ER physicians with instant consults for Stroke Patients allowing for the immediate use of clot-busting drugs when appropriate to reverse the effects of strokes.
- We are expanding telemedicine in the ER with Tele-psychiatry to ensure patients receive needed behavioral health assessments.
- Our Antibiotic Stewardship program is stopping the overuse of antibiotics by getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time.
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere for ten consecutive years.
- As part of our strategic efforts to ensure equitable care, HCA Healthcare if proud to actively support the national collaborative effort Equity of Care. We believe that by eliminating disparities in healthcare, we can improve experiences and outcomes for all of our patients.
- HCA Healthcare became one of the first healthcare organizations to adopt a mandatory flu safety policy and the first national organization to do so, resulting in recognition from the National Patient Safety Foundation.
- March of Dimes collaboration to prevent early elective deliveries (39 weeks) resulted in a new national standard for all hospitals
- The groundbreaking REDUCE MRSA study, performed in HCA Healthcare hospitals in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Harvard University, led to nationally adopted measures to reduce and prevent hospital-acquired infections. The study also demonstrated how ICU bloodstream infections were reduced by 44 percent.
- More than 500 clinical trials are available to HCA Healthcare patients through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute, which has also introduced more than 300 ‘first-to-man’ new therapies.
- Stop SSI - protocols used in this study reduced complex, deep surgical site infections by 42 percent.
- Aim for Zero program for avoiding central line infections was so beneficial it was featured in the Institute of Medicine’s CEO Checklist for High-Value Healthcare.
- HCA Healthcare continues its comprehensive program to promote energy and water conservation, green building initiatives, increased recycling and environmentally conscious purchasing.