Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.
Regain your independence with inpatient rehabilitation
We work with you to provide the confidence and ability to return to your everyday activities after a traumatic injury or illness.
Our state-of-the-art, 25-bed Physical Rehabilitation Center is proud to offer intensive inpatient rehabilitation to a wide range of medical conditions. Whether you have experienced a stroke or are recovering from a cardiac condition, our team of expert specialists offer you individualized care using the latest technological advancements and a physician-led multidisciplinary approach.
Conditions we treat
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation is hospital based and is located on the fifth floor of our main hospital. We offer a minimum of three hours of therapy per day, five days a week with your team of physical, occupational and speech therapists. We offer rehabilitation for a variety of injuries and conditions, including:
- Spinal cord injury
- Congenital deformity
- Major multiple trauma
- Fracture of femur (hip fracture)
- Brain injury
- Acute cardiac conditions
- Pulmonary conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Deconditioning resulting from an extended illness
- Neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, muscular dystrophy and Guillain-Barre syndrome
About our inpatient rehabilitation program
Our Physical Rehabilitation Center features 25 spacious, private patient rooms with private bathrooms. The therapy gym is furnished with the latest therapeutic equipment and technology advancements. Our goal is to focus on your health and wellbeing throughout your journey, and to work on decreasing pain, improving endurance and reducing any post-surgery complications.
About our team
Our program brings together specialists from across disciplines to provide you with the best possible care. Our goal when you enter our inpatient rehab program is to help you return to your everyday activities by creating a personal plan that works for you. When we create your recovery plan, we involve all the different members of our dedicated care team including:
- Physical therapists — Our physical therapists will provide exercises, gait training and functional activities to improve your endurance, mobility, flexibility and strength.
- Occupational therapists — Our Occupational Therapists concentrate on maximizing your independence with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, cooking and performing household activities.
- Speech therapists — Our Speech Therapists will provide education and treatment to address your oral motor skills, swallowing, and speech and language abilities.
Additionally, your care may involve:
- 24-hour rehabilitation nurses
- Case managers/social workers
- Designated rehabilitation physician and specialty physicians
- Clinical dietitians
- Respiratory therapists
We also offer the following clinical support services on-site:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Lab services
- Wound care
- Renal dialysis
- Emergency medical services
Our individualized therapy programs
Following the evaluation period, your personalized rehabilitation program is established by you, your family and our interdisciplinary team. We know that your needs change as you make progress. That’s why your program may be reevaluated on a weekly, biweekly or as-needed basis.
To be admitted to our program, you must meet basic criteria, including having medical and functional needs consistent with an intense inpatient rehabilitation program. You can be referred to our program from a variety of sources, including:
- Emergency rooms
- Assisted living facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Long-term acute care facilities
A specific diagnosis doesn’t qualify or disqualify you from entering our program. Instead, we base admission on a comprehensive evaluation of your health and needs, including the need for an intensive level of constant care.
We work with a clinical liaison who will review referrals and collaborate with our care team to determine if the program is a good fit for you.
If you have any questions about the admission process or would like to make a referral please call (954) 724-6372.
Looking for a location?