Healthcare that's as unique as you are
At HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital, we show up for your health. Our multidisciplinary teams partner with you to create personalized care plans, and as part of Florida’s largest network of care, we provide you with the exact expertise and resources you need.
Advanced healthcare services in Tamarac, Florida
University Hospital and Medical Center is now HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital. Our 317-bed full-service facility has been serving Florida's Broward County community for more than 40 years, providing many medical specialties. In fact, since opening in 1974, we've been a leader in bringing breakthroughs in orthopedic care and joint replacements. Our emergency room (ER) also offers family-friendly care for children and special amenities for seniors. Additionally, when you need it, we provide award-winning care in stroke care, orthopedics and general surgery.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach in the Tamarac community.
We live here and work here.
We provide high-quality care.
We're part of the Tamarac community.
- 24/7 emergency care
- Cardiopulmonary care
- Mental health and wellness
- Orthopedic care
- Stroke care
- Accredited for mammography by the American College of Radiology
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Re-certified as a Baker Act Receiving Facility
Awards and recognitions
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries from Healthgrades (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy and Gallbladder Removal Surgery from Healthgrades (2019-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment from Healthgrades (2016-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Stroke Treatment from Healthgrades (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement from Healthgrades (2021)
Orthopedic and Spine Institute
We provide a variety of orthopedic and spine services. Our advanced orthopedic program offers highly skilled surgeons and nurses, a total-joint surgery nurse navigator and a beautiful orthopedic suite.
Our ER provides a full spectrum of care that addresses exactly what you need when you need it most, 24/7. We offer rapid assessments and treatments from a multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses skilled in emergency care.
Center for Behavioral Health
Our 60-bed facility offers comprehensive mental health and wellness services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
We want our patients' visitors to be informed and have pleasant experiences. To do that, we provide information regarding our visitor services and policies, guest Wi-Fi access, community partnerships and other resources.Visitor services and policies keyboard_arrow_right
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records - lab results, physicians notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physicians or caregiver
- And more
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.