Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.
Gastroenterology in Tamarac, Florida
Whether you are experiencing digestive disturbances or looking for answers to questions you may be too shy to ask others, our expert team of gastroenterologists is highly trained in supporting your digestive health.
HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital proudly treats a wide range of gastrointestinal (GI) conditions with advanced technology and a multidisciplinary approach.
Gastric and intestinal conditions we treat
Our team is experienced in diagnosing and treating conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, sometimes referred to as the GI tract. A gastrointestinal disorder may affect the following areas:
- Bile duct
- Small bowel
Gastroenterology treatment and services
We offer a wide range of services to treat gastrointestinal conditions, including:
- Colonoscopy — A procedure where doctors use a fiberoptic camera to examine the colon and rectum.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) — A procedure used to examine the bile and pancreatic ducts.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) — A procedure where ultrasound testing is used to produce detailed images of internal organs.
- Gastroscopy — An outpatient procedure where a thin, flexible tube attached to a camera is inserted through the throat and used to view the small intestine and stomach.
- High resolution anorectal manometry — A technique that provides a comprehensive assessment of anal and rectal movement.
- High resolution esophageal manometry — A technique that asses esophageal movement.
- Percutaneous endoscopy gastrostomy (PEG) — A procedure where a PEG tube is inserted into the stomach through the abdominal wall, usually for feeding.
One of the most common concerns for individuals experiencing digestive issues is the possibility of colorectal cancer. Our doctors and surgeons use early screening (including colonoscopies) and innovative procedures to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
If colorectal cancer is detected, our GI doctors will recommend a team of expert oncologists to provide an accurate diagnosis and create an individualized treatment plan.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for a location?