Quality inpatient rehabilitation care in Aventura, Florida
HCA Florida Aventura Hospital’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center works with you to provide the confidence and ability to return to your everyday activities after a traumatic injury, illness or recent surgery.
Our center is located on the fifth floor of our East Tower. You will receive the highest level of medical treatment possible and three hours of one-on-one therapy sessions per day. Your coordinated recovery plan includes ongoing support and discharge planning to help you get back to your life and regular activities as quickly as possible. All patients enjoy private rooms, an expansive day room/dining room and state-of-the-art equipment.
Conditions we treat
Our specialists offer care for conditions that include:
- Acute cardiac conditions
- Bone fractures
- Brain injuries
- Congenital deformities
- Deconditioning resulting from an extended illness
- Fracture of femur (hip fracture)
- Major multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, muscular dystrophy and Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Pulmonary conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other medically complex conditions
Services our program provides
Our multidisciplinary team works together to address your physical, mental and emotional needs. Family and caregiver involvement is also welcomed and encouraged as part of your treatment plan. We offer a wide range of treatments, including:
- Cognitive (brain) function rehabilitation to strengthen memory or attention
- Family education and training
- Modern gyms with specialized equipment
- Nutritional counseling and consultation
- Occupational therapy to relearn how to perform daily tasks
- On-site ancillary services such as imaging, hemodialysis and wound care
- Physical therapy to strengthen and heal your muscles, heart and limbs
- Prosthetics and orthotics assistance
- Simulation labs with kitchen, laundry, bathroom and automobile environments
- Speech therapy to assist with language and swallowing issues and conditions
- 24 hour, seven-day-a-week access to hospital resources, if needed
Our physical rehabilitation team
Our team of rehabilitation professionals is committed to returning you to your highest level of independence by optimizing your abilities and skills in everyday activities. It is our goal to develop an individual and progressive program of rehabilitation to help you regain function and independence.
Your care team may include the following specialists:
- Case managers
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Consulting physicians
- Diabetic educator
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
Technology we utilize:
- Interactive video game technology for skills like balance and endurance
- "Smart" physical therapy equipment and interactive technology
- Assistive tools that give you increased independence
- Gait training equipment that control posture and balance
While in the rehabilitation program, you will have access to onsite clinical support services, including:
- Emergency medical services
- Diagnostic imaging
- Lab services
- Renal dialysis
- Wound care
Interested in learning more about our inpatient rehabilitation program?
You can request to participate in inpatient rehabilitation or your doctor or care team may recommend it for you. You may also be referred for inpatient therapy after a stay in another medical facility such as an assisted living facility.
For more information regarding admission criteria or to make a referral, please call our admission department at (305) 937-6929.
Learn more about our related specialties.
Looking for a location?
Our Inpatient physical rehabilitation Locations