Cardiopulmonary specialists in Tamarac, Florida
The cardiopulmonary services department at HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital provides accurate diagnoses and effective treatments for acute and chronic heart and lung conditions.
If you are admitted to our hospital for heart or lung complications, we will treat you with compassion, putting you and your family at the center of your treatment plan. We will educate and train you to use techniques (e.g., breathing exercises) and equipment (e.g., oxygen therapy tanks) you may need at home after you're discharged from our care.
Our cardiopulmonary services
In addition to identifying and treating your cardiopulmonary condition, our heart and lung specialists will work closely with you to understand your needs. They will develop a preventive and proactive approach to your cardiopulmonary health.
Cardiopulmonary diagnostic services
We offer a wide variety of cardiopulmonary diagnostic services to effectively diagnose and treat symptoms. Some of these services include:
- Bronchoscopy: a procedure that allows doctors to view the inside of the lungs using a thin tube attached to a small camera
- Echocardiogram: a diagnostic procedure that uses sound to produce images of the heart
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): a diagnostic procedure that measures electrical activity in the heart
- Stress testing: a diagnostic tool doctors can use to measure heart performance during increased physical activity, such as being on a treadmill
Outpatient cardiopulmonary testing
For the comfort and convenience of outpatients, a member of the cardiopulmonary department personally escorts you from registration to your test location. This is just one way our staff shows commitment to providing you with personalized care in a patient-centered atmosphere.
Pulmonary function testing
We also conduct pulmonary function testing. Pulmonary function tests reveal how well your lungs work. This includes how much air your lungs can hold, how much air you can blow out and with what pressure you can blow air. These tests help our doctors diagnose a range of symptoms and conditions, from coughing to respiratory diseases.
We have the ability to use both inpatient and outpatient pulmonary tests to measure lung capacity and flow rates of oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases.
These breathing tests include:
- Diffusion study: a study that helps evaluate lung function by measuring how well the air sacs in the lungs are delivering oxygen to the blood
- Lung volume measurement: a diagnostic test that measures the maximum amount of gas exhaled during breathing
- Spirometry: a diagnostic test that measures how quickly, and in what amounts, you inhale and exhale air
Cardiopulmonary treatments and respiratory support we offer
Our cardiopulmonary offerings include a full range of therapeutic and diagnostic inpatient and outpatient treatments, such as:
- Bronchodilator therapy
- Chest physiotherapy
- Mechanical ventilation
Looking for a location?
Our Cardiopulmonary care Locations