The neonatal intensive care unit provides critical care to newborns who are ill or premature. Many factors may lead to a newborn being admitted to the NICU, including low birth weight or complications during delivery. The NICU staff works closely with parents to develop a treatment plan for their newborn.
Level III NICU in Western Palm Beach County
When your baby needs the highest level of care following birth, you can trust our NICU to provide compassionate and highly skilled support.
At HCA Florida Palms West Hospital, our Level III NICU offers 24/7 specialized medical care to critically ill infants by board-certified neonatologists, specialists and an experienced nursing team. Our NICU is part of the HCA Florida Women's and Children's Center, which has delivered babies in Loxahatchee since 1986. You can count on our experienced team to provide the support and attention your baby needs to heal in a family-centered environment.
Features of our NICU
As a Level III NICU, we provide advanced care for babies who are recovering from serious health conditions. Features of our NICU include:
- 24/7 level III neonatology coverage
- A family-centered environment providing newborns and their parents with the support they need
- Human milk fortifier to nutritionally enhance milk for premature infants
- Live, secure video streaming which enables families to watch their newborn at any time
- Social worker dedicated to NICU babies and their families
- 18 NICU Level III beds offering the latest in neonatal technology
Labor and delivery services
Our labor and delivery program provides comprehensive resources for you and your baby before, during and after the birthing experience. This includes childbirth classes, breastfeeding support and postpartum care.
Giraffe Omnibed Carestations
Giraffe Omnibed Carestations improve health by allowing parent to touch baby from the side.
Looking for a location?
Our NICU Locations