Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.
Gastroenterology specialists in Loxahatchee, Florida
We provide patient-centered care for your gastrointestinal (GI) tract that keeps your comfort in mind.
At HCA Florida Palms West, we understand how uncomfortable, and even painful, digestive issues can be. Our GI doctors and nurses offer superior gastroenterology treatments for common digestive problems, including heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Our team delivers compassionate care from your first appointment, throughout your treatment and beyond.
GI conditions we treat
Our physicians are skilled in treating your digestive health problems, including:
- Acid reflux
Specialized GI services we offer
Our gastroenterologists can diagnose and treat diseases and issues of the upper GI system, such as acid reflux and GERD. Using the latest evidence-based procedures, we will get to the bottom of your condition so we can create a treatment that works for your unique health.
Some of the diagnostic procedures we perform include:
- Endoscopy — examines the esophagus, stomach and upper intestines using a flexible tube with a light and camera
- Esophageal manometry — measures how well your esophagus is functioning
- pH probe test — tests the amount of frequency that stomach acid backs up into the esophagus
Gastroenterology procedures we perform
Some of the GI procedures we offer include:
- Nissen fundoplication — surgery used to treat GERD
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) — minimally invasive procedure that treats chronic heartburn and acid reflux
Additional GI services we offer
Our gastroenterologists strive to choose the least invasive treatment approach possible. For many patients, our nonsurgical options lead to excellent outcomes. This may include over-the-counter medications including:
- H2 blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Promotility drugs
There are also many things you can do at home to ease your symptoms while we find a long-term solution. Our doctors will provide guidance on how you can adapt your lifestyle and add this to your treatment plan for heartburn, acid reflux and GERD. Some at-home recommendations include:
- Adjust any medications (check with prescribing physician)
- Avoid ingesting foods that fatty, spicy and acidic
- Eat smaller meals more frequently
- Elevate upper body while sleeping
- Increase activity level
- Limit the use of alcohol, caffeine and tobacco
- Stay upright as often as possible
- Stop eating earlier in the evening
- Wear looser clothing
Looking for another location?
Our Gastroenterology Locations