Pediatrics is the medical care of infants, children and adolescents. Pediatricians are specially trained to treat diseases, behavioral problems and mental health issues as they relate to children. Pediatric care includes well check-ups, vaccinations and much more.
Pediatric doctors in Palm Beach County, Florida
Whether your child requires a few stitches or has a serious health condition, our team of pediatric specialists is ready to help.
At HCA Florida Palms West Hospital, we are proud to offer comprehensive pediatric medical services. This includes a dedicated pediatric hospital and around-the-clock emergency care. Our pediatric team will work together to make sure your child receives the attention and care they need to get better as soon as possible.
Pediatric treatments and services
The members of our healthcare team have experience caring for children of all ages — from toddlers to adolescents. We offer a wide range of comprehensive specialties and pediatric services, including:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Infectious disease
- Nuclear medicine
- Plastic surgery
Our pediatric specialty areas
We are committed to providing your child with the care they need in an environment that puts them at ease. Our hospital specializes in the following areas:
Pediatric emergency care
At our hospital, you will find a dedicated pediatric emergency room (ER). All members of our pediatric emergency team have been specially trained to care for children of all ages, from toddlers to adolescents. We also offer specialized concussion treatment for kids and teens.
Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
Exclusively for our pediatric patients, our hospital's PICU features all private beds and has the latest equipment for critically ill patients. Some of our child-friendly accommodations include:
- A full-time child life specialist who provides therapeutic play and developmentally appropriate activities; our child life specialist also offers support to patients and their families
- A playroom where children can feel safe and comfortable while taking a break from their treatment schedule
- A teen room with computers and internet access
- Cheerful and bright rooms for each patient
- Colorful halls on our pediatric floor
Child life specialist
Pediatric cancer care
Our pediatric oncology program supports the diagnosis, management and long-term follow-up of children fighting cancer and blood disorders. We offer inpatient and outpatient cancer care, including an outpatient infusion center with private rooms.
Our Children's Therapy Center provide comprehensive pediatric rehabilitation services. We focus not just on skill development, but also on play, sports, socialization and teamwork. Our goal is to help your child achieve their potential with therapy that specializes in orthopedic, neurological, congenital and developmental disorders.
We offer children diagnostic procedures and advanced imaging services, including:
- Bone marrow aspirations
- Computerized tomography (CT) imaging
- Electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Renal and bone scans
Pediatric sedation and infusion
Not only do we have the only dedicated outpatient pediatric sedation service in Palm Beach County, but we also offer sedation for invasive procedures, such as:
- Kidney and liver biopsies
- Lumbar punctures
Our infusion services offer procedures, such as:
- Administration of blood and platelets
- Chemotherapy administration
- Endocrine testing
- Immunosuppressive drug infusions
- Infusion port monthly maintenance
- Intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) infusions
- Lab monitoring
Looking for a location?
Our Pediatrics Locations