Behavioral health care in Kissimmee, St. Cloud and Orlando
Our comprehensive mental health and wellness services allow you to live more fully, every day.
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital provides compassionate and complete mental health services, addressing mental health conditions through a trauma-informed approach. This means we focus on the relationship between all types of psychological trauma and your symptoms. Whatever you need, we will be here to help you look to the future and restore your quality of life. We offer inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, ensuring you have access to the type of care that's just right for you.
To get help now, the first thing to do is to reach out. From there, we can help you determine the best next step.
Our behavioral health services
Depending on your needs, our multispecialty team will work with you to determine the best treatment plan.
Inpatient mental health care
We offer a 25-bed inpatient behavioral health unit. Here, we offer:
- 24/7 nursing care with medication management
- A therapeutic community model with daily meetings, goal-setting and an emphasis on the treatment philosophy of trauma-informed care
- Continuous monitoring to ensure safety
- Daily individual visits by the attending psychiatrist
- Group therapy facilitated by a master’s level clinician six days a week
- Individual therapy, case management and aftercare planning with family intervention
- Patient and family education
- Treatment-focused activities designed to treat necessary lifestyle skills
To learn more about the inpatient behavioral health services we offer, please call (407) 518-5835.
Outpatient mental health care
The compassionate care you need is also available as outpatient treatment programs.
Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and partial hospitalization program (PHP)
The IOP/PHP allows you to receive group therapy and return to the comfort of your own home each day after treatment. It can be an excellent option if you do not require hospitalization, but would benefit from additional therapy.
While in the IOP/PHP, you will be under the care of a psychiatrist and receive therapy from a licensed behavioral health professional. The goal is to gradually reduce your participation in the program as your symptoms improve.
Hours for the programs are from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
To learn more about our IOP/PHP and the services we offer, please call (407) 518-1143.
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
ECT is a modern medical treatment used to treat mental conditions, such as severe depression, mania or schizophrenia.
What to expect during ECT
During treatment, you will first be given general anesthesia, muscle relaxants and oxygen. Next you will receive a brief electrical stimulation to the scalp. This encourages the brain to release chemicals that help restore normal functioning.
ECT is given by a team of doctors, nurses and nursing assistants, often with an anesthesia specialist. A typical course of treatment is six to 12 sessions, and your care team will discuss the recommended treatment plan with you. These sessions may be inpatient, outpatient or a combination of the two.
To learn more about the ECT, please call (407) 518-1143.
Benefits of ECT
ECT may be prescribed if you are not responding to other forms of treatment for your mental health condition. Benefits over medication or medication alone may include:
- Fewer side effects
- Quicker relief
- Faster, more effective treatment if you have a relapse after therapy
Highlights of our mental health and wellness programs
We offer trauma-informed care in a specialized facility with a team that meets your needs.
A trauma-informed approach
Our center is designed to provide a trauma-informed approach to mental health care. It is designed specifically to address the consequences of psychological trauma and to facilitate healing. Trauma-specific interventions recognize the need to be respected, informed, connected and hopeful about recovery.
Our staff is trained to recognize the interrelation between trauma and symptoms of trauma — such as substance abuse, eating disorders, depression and anxiety. They work collaboratively with patients and their families in a manner that will empower and promote recovery.
Our facility is designed to meet your specific needs and give you the resources you need to recover.
Features of our facility include:
- 24 hours physician psychiatric coverage 7 days a week
- Adult inpatient program for mental health and psychiatric care
- Designated Baker Act receiving facility
- Family waiting room, group therapy room and activities room
- Modern interior décor to promote tranquility, warmth and healing
- Semiprivate suites, including two safe rooms for de-escalation
- Six-bed emergency room (ER) behavioral health intake unit
Our mental health team
Our team of behavioral health specialists work together to provide you with comprehensive mental health care. This team includes:
- Mental health technicians
- Recreation therapists
- Registered nurses (RNs)Social workers
Looking for another location?
Our Mental health and wellness Locations
Kissimmee, FL 34741phone (407) 518 - 5835
Kissimmee, FL 34741phone (407) 518 - 1143