Urology specialists in Margate, Florida
At HCA Florida Northwest Hospital, our urologists provide medical and surgical care to treat urological conditions, ranging from urinary incontinence to prostate cancer.
Urological conditions can affect the kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra and genitals. As such, these conditions can often produce uncomfortable symptoms. We offer effective treatment options in a patient-centered setting to resolve your symptoms, restore your health and improve your quality of life.
Urological disorders we treat
Our skilled urological team provides high-quality care for a variety of conditions, including:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary dysfunction disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Urologic surgeries we offer
Our physicians have expertise with advanced surgical care including, minimally invasive techniques to provide the most effective treatment for urological conditions.
Minimally invasive urological surgery
We are proud to offer minimally invasive surgery, such as robotic surgery. Robotic surgery involves your surgeon using miniature surgical tools to perform surgery. Because of the dexterity and precision of the robotic tools, the surgeon can operate on even the hard-to-reach areas, such as those in the urinary system, with extreme accuracy.
Minimally invasive surgery only requires a few small incisions, which means a faster recovery and less scarring following surgery.
Robotic urological and urinary reconstruction procedures we offer
Our surgeons offer a range of robotic urological surgeries, including urinary reconstruction procedures. The robotic urological surgeries we offer include:
- Bladder fistula surgery — removal of a fistula, an abnormal connection of organs or tissue, to repair the bladder
- Bladder mesh revision — insertion of a small piece of mesh material under the urethra to resolve urine leakage
- Partial nephrectomy — removal of a tumor on the kidney, while sparing the kidney itself; also called nephron-sparing surgery
- Pyeloplasty — reconstruction of a part of the kidney called the renal pelvis, which is performed to drain and reduce pressure on the kidney
- Radical nephrectomy — removal of the entire kidney, as well as tissue surrounding the kidney
- Radical prostatectomy — full removal of the prostate and, oftentimes, the surrounding lymph nodes and vesicles
- Simple prostatectomy — removal of the inside part of the prostate gland, usually to treat an enlarged prostate gland
- Ureteral reimplantation — repair of the tubes that connect the bladder to the kidneys
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for a location?