Ear, nose and throat
Ear, nose and throat specialists provide care for the head and neck. Commonly referred to as ENTs, these physicians treat a range of conditions, including allergies, sore throat, ear infections, hearing loss, sinusitis and certain types of cancer.
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists in Brandon, Florida
We know how ENT conditions like sinusitis can affect your everyday life.
This is why we're committed to providing advanced ENT treatment solutions for the sinus condition you are facing. At HCA Florida Brandon Hospital, our ENT team will work together to accurately diagnose and treat your sinus condition.
Our ENT services
We offer the following ENT treatments and services at our hospital:
Sinusitis is typically treated first with medication. However, if you don't respond to medications, your doctor may suggest a surgical procedure as the next step to relief.
Our ear, nose and throat doctors offer several sinus surgery options, including:
- Balloon-assisted surgery — uses a minimally invasive sinus balloon catheter to unblock the sinus passageway
- Endoscopic sinus surgery — uses a thin fiber optic tube to remove abnormal and obstructive tissues
- Image-guided surgery — uses a computerized tomography (CT) scan with endoscopic surgery for greater visual precision
What to expect with sinus surgery
Most sinus surgeries:
- Are performed on an outpatient basis in one to two hours
- Involve a local or general anesthetic
- Have minimal swelling, especially with the endoscopic procedures
Pediatric ear, nose and throat care
As part of our hospital's commitment to providing comprehensive pediatric services, we offer advanced pediatric ear, nose and throat care to help your little one with their sinusitis condition. Our compassionate specialists use a multi-disciplinary approach, so you can feel confident that your child is in well-equipped hands.
Sinuses are air-filled cavities in the dense section of your skull bone. When these cavities become inflamed, you experience sinusitis.
Where sinusitis occurs
Sinusitis is typically found in four right-left pairs:
- Behind the forehead and eyebrows
- Behind the nose directly in front of the brain
- On either side of the bridge of the nose
- Within the bony structure of the cheeks
Causes of sinusitis
Sinusitis occurs when there is an inflammation of the sinuses. This is often the result of:
- Bacterial infections
- Viruses and fungi (molds)
Symptoms of sinusitis
There are several types of sinusitis symptoms that can include but are not limited to:
- Bad breath
- Congestion or feeling of fullness in face
- Nasal obstruction blockage
- Pus in the nasal cavity
- Runny nose or discolored postnasal drainage