Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.
Rehabilitation services in Trinity, Florida
If you are recovering from a serious injury or disease, it can be challenging to get healthy again — and may even be unsafe to attempt it alone.
At HCA Florida Trinity Hospital, our rehabilitation center serves Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough County, offering outpatient treatment to improve your functionality, independence and quality of life. Your treatment team will develop a plan tailored to your unique needs and will provide focused one-on-one treatment sessions.
Rehabilitation treatment options
Our highly trained professionals provide the latest therapies to promote recovery and build strength and skills, including:
Lymphedema is swelling that happens when the lymph system becomes blocked or damaged and fluid (lymph) builds up in the arms and legs. The condition causes loss of movement and function and reduces the ability to grip.
Our certified lymphedema and wound care therapists focus on controlling swelling by moving lymph through the body. Therapies offered include:
- Compression devices
- Pressure garments
Pelvic floor therapy
Our physical therapists have specialized training in pelvic floor therapy. Patients who have pelvic floor dysfunction receive therapy in our private rooms. Treatment options include:
- Bladder and bowel retraining
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening
- Manual therapy and soft tissue mobilization
- Pelvic floor relaxation/down training
- Electromyogram (EMG) biofeedback
Our speech-language pathologists care for patients with swallowing or speech disorders. Our speech therapies include:
- Articulation therapy
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems, including body language and electronic aids
- Voice therapy for Parkinson's disease
- Oral-motor exercises to improve feeding and swallowing
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation system therapy
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation system therapy
We are proud to offer a breakthrough method used in the management and treatment of swallowing disorders. Our neuromuscular electrical stimulation system retrains throat muscles to swallow. This therapy reeducates the functional muscle-use patterns necessary to initiate or reestablish swallowing.
Our rehabilitation support groups help you gain insight by sharing their experiences with others:
- Chatterboxes is a group for patients with communication deficits as a result of a cerebral vascular accident (stroke) or neurological disorders. We encourage caregivers and spouses to attend. This group is led by our speech-language pathologists, and it meets every other Thursday, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Lymphedema Support Group is led by a licensed physical therapist and meets on the third Wednesday of each month, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
Our rehabilitation team
Our treatment team includes:
- Certified lymphedema therapist
- Certified manual therapists
- Certified speech-language pathologists
- Certified pelvic floor physical therapists
Getting to your appointment
We are located in the Medical Arts Building, which is east of main facility's main entrance.
Looking for a Location?
Our Physical therapy and rehabilitation Locations