Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.
Trauma care in Jacksonville
Not every hospital is prepared to treat trauma patients, but HCA Florida Memorial Hospital offers patients access to a specially trained team that cares for serious emergencies.
Unlike a traditional emergency room (ER), our trauma center is equipped and staffed to provide comprehensive care for patients with traumatic injuries. As a Level II Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons, HCA Florida Memorial Hospital has the proven expertise and equipment to provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients.
Learn more about our related specialties.
Traumatic injuries we treat
We provide lifesaving treatment for traumatic injuries, such as:
- Brain and head trauma
- Chest and abdominal trauma
- Extremity trauma (affecting the legs or arms)
- Facial trauma
- Neck trauma
- Spinal trauma
Our trauma center services
Our dedicated trauma team, led by a trauma surgeon, provides patients with expert care and support.
Comprehensive trauma care
As a Level II Trauma Center, our patients benefit from:
- 24/7 on-site trauma surgeons and anesthesiologists
- A dedicated operating room for traumatic injuries requiring surgery
- Continuance of care through physical therapy and rehabilitation and behavioral health services
- Immediate access to a full range of specialists
- The latest technologies and advanced equipment
- Trauma education and prevention to local communities
Having a multispecialty team enhances the level of care you receive and your ability to recover. Our team consists of:
- Cardiac surgeons
- Case managers and/or social workers
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Respiratory therapists
- Trauma nurses
Looking for a Location?
Our Trauma center Locations