Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.
Trauma surgeons in Orange Park/Clay County
HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital is proud to provide high-quality trauma care to patients who require specialized emergency services.
Our board-certified doctors, specialists and critical care nurses work together to provide comprehensive, lifesaving care 24/7. We offer this care at the only state-recognized Level II Trauma Center in Clay County. Here, our trauma specialists quickly and effectively treat critical conditions. Our standards and performance are also regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health, ensuring you get the high-quality care you need when you need it most.
Our trauma center
Our trauma specialists have the training and expertise needed to provide lifesaving care to patients with critical illnesses and injuries.
Why patients trust us for their trauma care
Patients in Orange Park and Jacksonville, Florida, trust our Level II Trauma Center for their trauma care because we offer:
- 24-hour access to emergency physicians, general surgeons and anesthesiologists
- A coordinated partnership with our prehospital emergency medical services (EMS) teams, both ground rescue and helicopter
- A full staff of trauma surgeons and trauma-trained nurses, available 24/7
- A smooth transfer process of patients from our main emergency room (ER) and our free-standing ERs
- Advanced emergency surgical services, available 24/7
- Fast access to experts specializing in orthopedic care, neurological care and pediatric care
- Fast response for resuscitations and stabilizations of patients with critical injuries
- Imaging services and diagnostic radiology, available 24/7
- Support services, such as physical therapy and access to social workers and case managers
- Trauma prevention education programs through community events
- Two dedicated trauma resuscitation bays in our hospital's ER
Our trauma specialists
Our trauma department is proud to participate in the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma to support optimal patient outcomes. Our multispecialty team of trauma specialists works together to provide patients with excellent care.
Some of the providers that make up our trauma program include:
- A dedicated trauma psychologist who assists and supports patients and their families, from admission through recovery
- A multispecialty team of emergency medicine physicians, radiologists, orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons — all trained in trauma care
- Trauma surgeons and trauma-trained nurses offering expert, lifesaving care around the clock
Trauma Survivor's Day Celebration at Orange Park Hospital
Trauma survivors and caregivers joined together at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital to celebrate the journey of recovery.
Donate Life Celebration at Orange Park Hospital
Caregivers and the community joined together at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital to honor those that gave the selfless act of organ donation.
Looking for a location?
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.