If you are motivated to donate your time and talents, we invite you to join the dedicated volunteers at HCA Florida Capital Hospital in Tallahassee, FL
Volunteering at HCA Florida Capital Hospital
Our volunteers are a vital part of our healthcare team who make a lasting impression on not only our patients’ lives but on our colleagues and visitors as well. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
If you are interested in volunteering, please scroll down to learn more.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
Through volunteering, you may utilize your skills and abilities to help improve the lives of others and serve our community. Volunteering provides a sense of purpose, helps you stay physically and mentally fit, allows you to develop new skills, make new friends and create lasting impressions along the way.
- For each volunteer shift served, you will receive one meal credit to be used during your shift.
- All volunteers will receive a Volunteer top or jacket to wear while volunteering.
Expectations and scheduling requirements
Shifts are scheduled Monday through Friday in four hour blocks. Your assignment will be determined and scheduled one calendar year at a time. College students will be scheduled one semester at a time.
- Commitment minimum: Four hours per week
- Consistent and timely attendance is required
Volunteer application process
- Scroll down to fill out our online application
- Year round volunteers may apply at any time
- College volunteers should submit applications by:
- Fall semester – Submit application by Aug. 1st
- Spring – Submit application by Dec. 1st
- Summer – Submit application by April 15th
- Volunteens – We offer a summer program designed for students between 16 and 18 years old. Applications for this program will be accepted through April 15th for the upcoming summer. When filling out the online application, please indicate that you are applying for the Jr. Volunteer Program. You will be contacted following the April 15th application deadline.
- Upon review of your application, our Volunteer Services Coordinator will call you to conduct a phone screen.
- If approved to move forward, you will need to complete and pass the following steps:
- Consent to and pass background check
- Complete and pass drug screen
- Provide proof of vaccination records including Covid and Influenza records
- Conduct a scheduled health screen onsite and labs, if required
- Meet with the volunteer coordinator
- Complete an online orientation
Service areas currently available
- Administrative assistance – various departments
- Freestanding ERs
- Gift & snack shop
- Inpatient rehab
- Labor & delivery
- Network of chaplains
- Pet therapy – must be certified through Therapy Dog International
- Pre-admission Testing
- Same day surgery
- Volunteen summer program – applications due by April 15th
- Welcome desk
*We strive to match our volunteers in their preferred area of choice though this is not always possible due to availability. During the application process, please make your preferences known so that we can re-assign you should your preferred area become available.