PatientKeeper mobile app Android installation
To install the PatientKeeper Android application on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Enable the device to allow the installation of non-Market applications by making sure the following setting are turned on:
- Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- On your Android device, access the web address:
Depending on the Internet browser installed on your device, one of the following messages is displayed at the bottom of the screen:
- “Starting Download.” No response is required.
- “This type of file can harm your device. Do you want to keep PatientKeeper.apk anyway?”
- Select OK.
NOTE: If you have installed the PatientKeeper more than once on your device, the “PatientKeeper.apk” in the message may be incremented with a number, as in “PatientKeeper-2.apk.” Or, you may see this additional message: “Do you want to replace the existing PatientKeeper.apk” in Downloads?” Select the Replace File button.
The PatientKeeper application begins to download to your device and a Download Arrow is displayed in the top banner of the screen.
- NOTE: As an alternative to Steps 3 and 4, you can select the Applications button from the Home screen, then select the Downloads application, and then select the apk or PatientKeeper-n.apk file from there.
The following message appears: “PatientKeeper. Do you want to install this application? It will get access to: [description of the access allowed].” Please note that the PatientKeeper application is free.
- If user selects Deny, the setting can be updated:
- Go to Android settings >Applications> Application Manager> find PK >go to permissions and change the Storage to On
Updating the Android PatientKeeper app
If you currently have the Android PatientKeeper app installed and there is an update available, you will be automatically upgraded to the latest version the next time you log in to the app. However, based on your current security settings you may be required to take additional steps to complete the installation. If this is the first upgrade since the initial installation, you may see the below message.
- Allow PatientKeeper to access photos, media, and files on your device?
- Tap ALLOW
NOTE: If you accidentally select DENY, the application will not upgrade and may get stuck in the syncing process. Shut down the application and log in again.
- If the message is displayed again, choose ALLOW and proceed with the remaining set up.
- If the application gets stuck in the syncing process a second time, you must shut down the application, uninstall it, and then reinstall it using the process on the first page of this guide (you will get the updated version of the PatientKeeper application when you do so).
If the update is blocked by security settings, please see the steps below to allow the PatientKeeper app installation.
NOTE: If you accidentally selected CANCEL in the second screen shot above, the upgrade will not install and the device will do one of the following:
- It will immediately start over again at the first screen shot above.
- It will display this message: “Provisioning Failed: You are attempting to log in with an incorrect version. Please check your device for pending updates or contact your system administrator”. Tap OK and then log into the PatientKeeper application again. The upgrade process will start over at the first screen shot above.
- This time, choose SETTINGS when you get to the second screen shot above.