For physicians at HCA Florida Mercy Hospital
Resources for physicians to access electronic portals to view patient information, clinical data and clinical information.
Credentialing at our hospital
Credentialing and privileging
Online medical library
These resources are normally available via MercyOnline > Reference > e-Library without having to login if you are logged in to the hospitals network. If you require a login for external use, please contact our Medical Librarian for more information.
- MD Consult
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Nursing Consult
- OVID Books and Journals
- UpToDate — Clinical Answers
Continuing medical education
- Cancer Conferences
- Breast Cancer Conference
- Sarcoma Conference
- Grand Rounds
- Joint Provider with PGH (Plantation General Hospital)
- CME Mandatory Courses
PurposeThe purpose of HCA Florida Mercy Hospital's Continuing Medical Education (CME) program is to provide educational activities to fulfill the educational needs (knowledge, competence and/or performance) of Medical Staff in an effort to improve the competence and performance of the physicians, resulting in improved patient care.
GoalsSpecific goals of the program include:
- Identify professional practice gap areas
- Identify and determine the cause of the professional practice gaps
- Provide CME activities in appropriate formats (mostly live activities) to change physicians' competence and/or performance for enhanced patient care
- Offer CME courses mandated for state license renewal and Board recertification
Target audienceWhile the primary target audience of the CME activities is physicians and residents, activities may also be appropriate for (and attended by) Physician Assistants, Nurses and ARNPs.
Expected resultsThe expected results of Mercy Hospital CME activities are:
- Improved physician competence, performance-in-practice and enhanced patient outcomes. While most activities are directed towards competence and performance, when possible we will also assess improved patient outcomes.
- Continue to provide access to courses required for state license renewal, Board recertification and physicians' needs to address professional practice gaps.
Contact usDr. Jason Kosove, CME Chair
Venkata Madiraju, CME Coordinator and Medical Librarian