Neurologists in Pensacola
Our comprehensive neurological treatments and rehabilitation program are designed to help patients with a wide range of brain and spine injuries and conditions.
We offer a full continuum of neurological care at HCA Florida West Hospital. It includes a 24-hour, fully staffed emergency room (ER), which offers diagnostic technologies and specialized physicians. Additionally, our West Florida Rehabilitation Institute offers individualized rehabilitation plans to help you achieve your full potential after a neurological disorder or event. This includes speech and language pathology, a wheelchair seating clinic, a driving program and other types of therapy.
Learn more about our related specialties.
Our neurological services
We provide several types of neurological care for people who have experienced brain injuries, strokes or other brain and spine conditions.
HCA Florida West Hospital is proud to be a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV GL Healthcare which reflects a high level of competence in the treatment of patients. Additionally, we are certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. This means we provide fast, effective and nationally recognized care to patients who have experienced a stroke.
Brain injury rehabilitation
West Florida Rehabilitation Institute offers a comprehensive inpatient program for the treatment of adults who have experienced a brain injury. A brain injury can occur from a blow to the head, fall, tumor or condition causing lack of oxygen to the brain, such as a stroke.
Our team provides a rehabilitation program that supports the unique needs and goals of each patient following their injury. Our program highlights include:
- 24/7 camera-monitored rooms for the safety of your loved ones
- Highly advanced equipment to help our patients improve their abilities and gain independence
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation options
- Recognition by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for our inpatient rehabilitation services and certification by The Joint Commission for our stroke rehabilitation services
- A license from the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services as the only comprehensive medical rehabilitation hospital in the Pensacola area
What's involved in rehab for a brain injury?
Brain injury rehabilitation is guided by expert neurologists, therapists and medical consultants who support patients in regaining strength and mobility. Using state-of-the-art equipment and a controlled stimulation treatment gym, our team guides patients in a variety of exercises:
- Brain injury support group
- Community reorientation therapy
- Community skills outings
- Dressing/feeding program
- Equipment recommendations
- Family training/education
- Home accessibility evaluation
- Intensive, one-on-one sessions provided by physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Outpatient driver evaluation/program
- Recreational therapy
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can take charge of your health and well-being.
Looking for another location?