Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.
Gastroenterologists in Pensacola
Our doctors provide the people of Escambia County with specialized gastrointestinal care.
At HCA Florida West Hospital, we are committed to providing our patients with exceptional services. Some of the conditions we treat include heartburn and reflux. From diet and lifestyle changes to medication and minimally invasive procedures, our doctors will find a way to relieve your symptoms and help you feel better.
Learn more about our related specialties.
Our Treatments & Services
Our gastroenterologists are committed to helping you get the right type of care for your unique needs.
Heartburn and reflux diagnostic services
Our team of gastroenterologists perform a range of diagnostic tests to identify the severity of your heartburn and reflux symptoms and their effects on your body. Testing options may include:
- 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring — This test measures the amount of acid flowing into the esophagus over a 24-hour time period.
- Abdominal ultrasound — This test uses ultrasound imaging to examine the organs in the abdomen and their structures.
- Esophageal motility study — This test evaluates the function of the esophagus, including how well the muscles within the esophagus are working.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) — This test uses an endoscope to examine the lining of the upper GI tract.
- Gastric emptying study — This test evaluates the amount of time it takes for an ingested meal to move through the stomach.
- Upper gastrointestinal (GI) series — This test uses a contrast agent such as barium to visualize the upper GI tract (esophagus, stomach and duodenum).
After diagnostic testing, your doctor will identify the best treatment option for you. This can range from medications and lifestyle changes to surgery.
If you need access to other types of gastroenterological care services, we make it convenient through our HCA Florida Healthcare family of hospitals across the state.
Read our blogs to learn about preventive care and ways you can take charge of your health and well-being.
Looking for a Location?
Our Gastroenterology Locations