For patients at HCA Florida West Hospital
Our hospital offers patients convenient amenities and resources, such as educational classes, patient financial resources, a personal health portal and more.
Information, guidance and resources for our patients
Because patient care is our most important job, HCA Florida West Hospital is committed to creating an environment that is safe and comfortable for our guests and visitors. Our unique programs and services are designed to make your experience here exceptional.
At HCA Florida West Hospital, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we offer convenient online registration for services such as surgical procedures, mammograms and diagnostic tests and treatments.
Patient policies and procedures
HCA Florida West Hospital strives to give patients the best experience possible by creating and carrying out patient-focused policies and procedures.
Our patient care services provide both patients and their families with quick, convenient emergency care, and the emotional, psychological and educational support they need. For patients who have minor injuries and illnesses, West Florida Immediate Care is located at US 2360 Highway 29 in Cantonment.
A hospital can be a place where patients and visitors may be under great stress. Because of this, we spend a great deal of time and effort to create an environment that is safe and comfortable for our patients, visitors and guests.
There are many policies and procedures in place to ensure safety. Patients and visitors will still need to take some precautions to safeguard their own well being.
- You will come in contact with many different people who will ask you the same type of questions several times. Please be patient. This is done to provide safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
- Please bring any past medical records you may have.
- If you or your loved one has any special needs, let your nurse know so that special considerations can be provided.
- Ask what to expect while you or your loved one is in the hospital.
- If you have any questions for your doctor or nurse, write the questions down as you think of them so you won't forget them. When your doctor or nurse comes to see you, refer to your list of questions.
- We want you to understand everything that we are doing for you or your loved one. If you didn't understand the answer to your question, ask the person to explain the answer to you again until you understand.
- Please do not leave visiting children unattended.
- There are areas in the hospital that visitors can't go into. Please read all signs in the area that you are in.
- You may hear what is called a “code” over the speakers. If you need to do anything special, your nurse will inform you.
Consult-A-Nurse is a free service we offer to help our patients with a variety of healthcare-related needs.
Our nurses are here for you.
Our nurses and referral specialists are available to assist you with:
- Answering healthcare questions
- Finding a doctor and making an appointment
- Registering for classes and events
You can contact our nurses 24 hours a day by phone.
Navigating the healthcare process
HCA Florida hospitals are dedicated to supporting our patients and helping them navigate the healthcare process.
Patient-focused programs and services
HCA Florida West Hospital offers patient-focused programs and services designed to complement and act as an extension of your treatment plan.