Surgery education for patients
If you're planning to have surgery, the medical staff at HCA Florida JFK Hospital want to make sure you're prepared.
Preparing for surgery
As you are preparing for surgery, it is perfectly normal to feel anxious and have questions. Rest assured that our team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare team members understand and want you to be comfortable and prepared for the experience. Depending on the type of procedure you're having, you may require hospitalization before you recuperate at home.
Our patients can now pre-register through our secure online platform. Preregistration can help make preparing for your hospital visit simpler and less stressful.
Please preregister online at least 48 hours before your preadmission visit to allow adequate time for processing your information.
To preregister or register the day of your preadmission visit, you will need the following:
- Your personal contact information
- Emergency contact information
- Insurance information, including group name and number, policy number, address and telephone number
- The name of your primary care physician
- Date of procedure
- A list of all medications you are taking, their dosage and frequency
- A list of your medical conditions, disease history and any surgical procedures you have ever had
- The name of the surgeon who will be performing your upcoming procedure