Endocrine surgery in Trinity, Florida
When you have an endocrine issue, you deserve access to high-quality healthcare provided by leading experts in thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal care.
Our multidisciplinary team can offer you that care at HCA Florida Trinity Hospital. This team consists of board-certified radiologists, endocrinologists and surgeons who are experts in their fields. As a result, people from all across the U.S. come to our hospital to receive a quick, accurate diagnose and effective treatment of their conditions.
Learn more about our related specialties
Endocrine conditions we treat
Endocrine conditions we treat:
- Addison’s disease
- Adrenal cancer
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Adrenal pheochromocytoma
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer
- Calcium and bone disorders
- Cushing's syndrome
- Graves’ disease
- Hormonal infertility
- Lipid disorders
- Metabolic and weight issues
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pituitary function and cancer
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Testosterone and ovary disorders
- Thyroid function and cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Type I diabetes
- Type II diabetes
Thyroid treatment options we offer
We are proud to offer a wide range of advanced treatment options for thyroid conditions. Our team will work with you to determine the best treatment for your needs, such as thyroid surgery.
Thyroid surgeries we perform
- Thyroid Lobectomy: removal of one-half of the thyroid gland
- Sub-total thyroidectomy: removal of almost the entire thyroid, where only a small amount of the thyroid gland is left behind
- Total thyroidectomy: removal of the entire thyroid gland
Many thyroid conditions require one of these surgeries to treat effectively. For example, if you develop a mass or nodule on your thyroid, especially if it is abnormal or cancerous, it is common to have all or part of your thyroid removed.
If you need thyroid surgery, our surgical endocrinologists offer a range of different approaches, including:
- Robotic thyroid surgery: For most patients, this is the best option and involves the surgeon entering through the armpit and using a robotic system to enhance surgical precision and accuracy. There is no visible scar on the neck, but, instead, is hidden or hard to see in the armpit area.
- Transoral thyroid surgery: This option is suitable for patients with smaller thyroid nodules and involves an incision placed on the inside of the lip.
- Traditional options: For patients who are not good candidates for robotic or scarless thyroid surgery, we continue to provide exceptional care with traditional thyroid surgery.
Traditional vs. scarless thyroid surgery
Traditionally, in an "open" surgery, the thyroid is accessed through the lower front of the neck. However, we offer innovative, scarless thyroid surgery techniques that we can perform robotically or transorally.
The goal of scarless thyroid surgery is to provide the highest cosmetic satisfaction along with excellent outcomes. We accomplish this by offering you only the highest standards of care and personalized treatment plans.
Looking for a Location?