Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.
Imaging center in Orange Park
Imaging is a crucial tool in forming all types of medical diagnoses. It can help your doctor locate the site of an injury, screen for certain types of cancer and display your body's functions in real time.
At HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, we are equipped with a variety of imaging technologies and machines to diagnose all types of medical conditions, from broken bones to cancer.
Inpatient and outpatient imaging services
Imaging plays a role in almost all specialty services at our hospital, and we use many advanced technologies to ensure we can provide quick, accurate imaging results.
Our common medical imaging services
Some of the more common imaging tests we use include:
- Bone densitometry (scans to measure bone density)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
Our specialty medical imaging services
We also offer a wide range of specialized diagnostic services, including:
- Breast screening services for breast cancer early detection
- Diagnostic imaging for staging cancers
- Emergency imaging services in the emergency room (ER) (also available at our freestanding ERs: Normandy Park Emergency and Park West Emergency)
- Lung screenings for patients at a high risk of developing lung cancer
- Pediatric imaging services with pediatric sedation
- Specialized brain imaging, including electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- Specialized heart imaging procedures
Breast screening services
The most proactive way for women to remain on top of their breast health is by receiving regular breast screenings through breast self-exams, clinical breast exams and annual breast imaging for all women 40 years old and older.
Our breast imaging services include:
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasounds
- Digital diagnostic and screening mammograms
- Galactograms (imaging of the milk ducts)
- Sentinel node imaging (evaluates the lymph nodes)
The pulmonologists at our hospital use a variety of traditional and advanced imaging techniques to visualize the lungs and airways. Our pulmonary imaging services include:
- Bronchoscopy suite where we perform 3D navigational robotic bronchoscopy for biopsies
- CT scans for lung cancer screening
- Endobronchial ultrasounds (EBUS) for staging lung cancer
We use imaging exams to analyze the heart when forming diagnoses and assessing the effectiveness of treatments. Our heart imaging services include:
- Cardiac catheterization procedures using X-ray guidance
- Coronary CT angiograms
- CT scans for calcium scoring
- Echocardiograms (echos), including stress echos and transesophageal echos
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
Looking for a Location?