Weight loss surgery
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is performed on patients with obesity. There are several types of bariatric procedures, but all focus on making modifications to the digestive system with the goal of significant weight loss.
Weight loss surgery in Orange Park
We know managing your weight and improving your health can be difficult. But you're not alone, and we're here to help.
If you struggle to lose weight through dieting, exercise and medication, weight loss surgery may be an effective solution for you. At HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, we offer a comprehensive weight loss surgery program offering a wide range of safe and highly effective surgical options.
Our weight loss surgery program
Bariatric surgery is used to help people who are struggling with obesity. These procedures work by altering the digestive process and/or reducing the amount of food the stomach can hold. Bariatric surgery often results in sustained weight loss and helps prevent obesity-related health conditions, such as Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke.
Types of weight loss surgery we offer
Our bariatric surgeon performs a variety of weight loss surgeries, including:
- Gastric balloon — a procedure involving a balloon-type device that is temporarily placed inside the stomach, causing you to feel full faster
- Gastric banding — a type of weight loss surgery where a band is placed around the upper part of the stomach to decrease stomach size and reduce food intake
- Gastric sleeve — a procedure where a portion of the stomach is removed so that the new, smaller stomach helps you feel full after eating smaller meals
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass — a common weight loss procedure that involves using a small part of the stomach to create a new, smaller pouch to change how the stomach and small intestine handle food
- Weight loss surgery revisions — procedures involving the conversion of previous bariatric surgeries to improve, correct or repair procedures that did not produce satisfactory results
Robot-assisted weight loss surgery
Our surgeons also use robotic surgical technology to perform some of our weight loss procedures. Robotic surgery allows surgeons to perform complex procedures with high precision and smaller incisions.
Are you a candidate for weight loss surgery?
We understand that the decision to get bariatric surgery is life altering. That's why our skilled and compassionate bariatric surgery team supports you every step of the way and will help you find out if surgery is right for you.
Learn more about weight loss surgery
We are committed to providing personalized care and attention. We want patients to be as prepared and as comfortable as possible for surgery and their new lives.
To help guide patients through this process, we've created a step-by-step plan. We recommend the following for potential weight loss surgery candidates:
- Contact our Consult-A-Nurse team
- Attend a free information session
- Complete pre-assessment forms
- Meet with a registered dietitian
- Meet with our bariatric surgeon
HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital Online Weight-Loss Seminar
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for a Location?