Surgeons in Miami-Dade County
You want the highest level of expertise when it's time to have surgery, and our care team is able to provide you and your family with the reassurance you need.
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital hosts surgeons who are expertly trained in correcting various medical conditions through surgery. No matter what type of procedure you need, our board-certified doctors and clinical care team are here every step of the way. We prioritize your health and safety, performing procedures that are highly effective and minimally invasive, whenever possible.
Learn more about our related specialties
Our surgical treatments and services
Our team of surgeons specialize in many types of procedures, including:
- Appendectomy (appendix removal)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Biopsies (breast, liver, muscle, pancreatic and temporal artery)
- Breast cancer surgery, including mastectomy and lumpectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal surgery, including hemorrhoidectomy and anal fissure and fistula correction
- Elective surgery to avoid major amputations from gangrene
- Ear, nose and throat surgeries, including tracheostomy and pituitary tumor removal
- Excisional biopsies of skin lesions, lipomas, cysts and melanomas
- Gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomy, tubal ligation and LEEP
- Hemorrhoidectomy (hemorrhoid removal)
- Hiatal/stomach hernia repair
- Nissen fundoplication to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Ophthalmologic surgery
- Orthopedic and spine surgery, including joint replacement and stenosis/fusion procedures
- Thyroidectomy (thyroid removal)
Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
An increasing number of surgeries can be performed with minimally invasive or robotic technology. During robotic surgery procedures, your surgeon will be in complete control of the robot at all times. Robotic surgery allows surgeons to be more precise with their movements and benefits patients with less pain, smaller incisions and a shorter recovery time. Kendall has a total of 7 robots in our OR department.
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible before your procedure, which is why we design processes to help you get acquainted with your surgeon and care plan.
The night before your surgery, you will most likely be asked not to intake any food or drink after midnight and only begin eating and drinking again after surgery is complete. However, as not all procedures are the same, check with your surgeon to discuss the steps you should take leading up to your surgery. Kendall also offers enhanced surgical recovery, a patient-centered, research-based, multidisciplinary approach that uses selected preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative interventions to optimize outcomes and the patient experience.
Safe surgery at Kendall Hospital during COVID-19
Looking for a location?
Our Surgery Locations