If you are motivated to donate your time and talents, we invite you to join the dedicated volunteers at HCA Florida Kendall Hospital in Miami, FL.
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is seeking volunteers to assist in all areas, including administrative/clerical duties, answering phones, filing and directing visitors and patients. Volunteers must be 15 years of age or older, submit to a background check, and complete a minimum 100 hours of community service.
Providing your service as a volunteer in our hospital will be a valuable and rewarding experience. The role of our volunteers is to assist us in achieving the hospital's mission, which is to deliver quality, compassionate and cost-effective healthcare services in a safe environment while recognizing the cultural diversity of our employees and the community we serve.
For more information about volunteering at our hospital, please call (305) 227-5538.
Requirements for volunteers
The following are requirements for volunteer candidates:
- Fully complete the volunteer application packet.
- Present current tuberculosis test (purified protein derivative (PPD)) results.
- Obtain a copy of your measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination.
- Provide a copy of your personal identification.
- Provide a copy of your flu vaccination during flu season (October to April).
- Present a recommendation letter. Adults must present a recommendation letter. High school and college students must present an official recommendation letter from a school counselor or professor and provide a copy of their recent grades.
Please note that we do not provide for court-ordered volunteer placement.*
The application process
For minor volunteer candidates, a parent or legal guardian must be present to sign the consent form, authorizing HCA Florida Kendall Hospital to conduct a background investigation. Once the background investigation is cleared, the volunteer candidate will be notified of the next available orientation.