Neurologists and neurosurgeons in Bradenton, Florida
Conditions of the brain, spine and other nervous system areas require highly skilled care from a team of specialists.
At HCA Florida Blake Hospital, we provide access to a team of board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists dedicated to your care. They work together to diagnose and treat your condition with the goal of resolving your symptoms and restoring your quality of life. As part of our care, we provide continued support and education for you and your family.
Looking for a Location?
Learn more about our related specialties
Neurological conditions we treat
Together, our doctors and staff are prepared to treat a variety of nervous system diseases and disorders, including:
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Disc herniation
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal tumors
Our neurology services
From advanced diagnostics to minimally invasive treatments, we offer comprehensive services to care for neurological diseases and injuries.
Obtaining an accurate diagnosis is critical in establishing a treatment plan for patients with neurological disorders. We offer traditional imaging services, such as electroencephalogram (EEG) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as well as specialized imaging. Some of our specialized neurodiagnostic services include:
- Cerebral angiogram: This is an X-ray of the head and neck that allows your doctor to view abnormalities or blockages in the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain.
- Computerized tomography (CT) angiography: This test combines a CT scan with the injection of a contrast agent, which highlights the blood vessels and certain tissues in the body, revealing abnormalities.
- CT perfusion: This test shows the amount of blood being supplied to the brain and identifies if areas of the brain are receiving an adequate supply of blood flow.
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA): This test is a specialized type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) that looks specifically at the blood vessels in the body.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE): This test is a specialized type of echocardiogram that uses a probe to obtain images of the heart and blood vessels without the risk of the image being obstructed by the ribs or lungs.
We also offer telemedicine services. Telemedicine allows a physician or specialist to provide a fast diagnosis from a remote location. Regardless of the time of day, telemedicine ensures we have specialists who are readily available to assess your condition and order expedited treatment.
Our state-of-the-art neurointerventional laboratory features advanced diagnostic imaging technology. We use a biplane X-ray system that offers excellent insight for challenging diagnostic examinations and neurovascular interventions. It features two large, flat detectors with advanced imaging and interventional tools to give us a clear view of the blood vessels. Common procedures we perform in this laboratory include acute stroke thrombectomy removals, arteriograms and venograms.
We are committed to being on the forefront of surgical advancement, so we can offer the best care possible. As part of that commitment, we offer cranial and spine surgery with the aid of computer-navigated, robot-assisted technology, which improves accuracy and patient outcomes. Some neurosurgical procedures we offer include:
- AVM embolization: This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a catheter to deliver a glue-like substance that eliminates the blood flow supplying the AVM.
- Carotid artery stenting: This is a minimally invasive procedure used to open up a blocked or narrowed carotid artery through the placement of a stent to keep it open.
- Cerebral aneurysm coiling: This procedure involves the insertion of a catheter to the site of an aneurysm, where small wires are used to fill the aneurysm and cut off blood flow, therefore preventing a rupture.
- Non-adhesive liquid application: This procedure involves inserting a liquid plastic polymer into an aneurysm to fill the space. It then hardens, cutting off blood flow to prevent rupture of the aneurysm.
- Spine surgery: These procedures include discectomy, lumbar fusion, cervical fusion, disc replacement, kyphoplasty and laminectomy.
The neurologists at our hospital work with our emergency room (ER) staff to provide emergency stroke treatment. We are proud to be the first and only Comprehensive Stroke Center certified by DNV GL Healthcare in Manatee County. This means our hospital has the personnel, infrastructure and expertise to diagnose and treat stroke patients who require intensive medical and surgical care, specialized tests or interventional therapies.
At our hospital, orthopedists and neurosurgeons work together to offer comprehensive spine care for patients with back and neck pain or other spine conditions. We offer treatments ranging from medication management to minimally invasive spine surgery.
RN Highlight, Mila Bibler
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.