Neurologists and neurosurgeons in Hudson, Florida
When you need neurological care in Pasco County, we're here for you.
The Neuroscience Center at HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital is committed to providing patients access to a wide range of neurological services. Our program is dedicated to the prevention, detection, treatment and rehabilitation of neurological injuries and conditions, including strokes. Working together, our neurological care team creates an effective treatment plan focused on your long-term neurological health.
Looking for a Location?
Learn more about our related specialties
Neurological conditions we treat
Through the help of our advanced diagnostic services, our neurologists can accurately diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Brain tumors
- Lou Gehrig's disease
- Migraine headaches
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Spine injuries and disorders
Our neurological care program
Our neurology team includes board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists. All of our team members provide high-quality care that is focused on achieving positive patient outcomes.
Neuroimaging and diagnostic services
The nervous system is complex and requires specialized equipment to visualize its structures. Our advanced imaging services suite provides fast, accurate diagnoses to our patients.
Some of our neurological imaging systems include:
- 64-slice Computerized tomography (CT) scanner: This specialized type of CT scan offers a quick, noninvasive method to create images of the head, abdomen, spine and chest while using low doses of radiation.
- Biplane angiography: This imaging technique creates real-time images of veins, arteries and vascular abnormalities and may be used in diagnosing conditions, such as a stroke or brain aneurysm.
- Interventional radiology (IR): Our hospital has an in-house IR suite where we use sophisticated imaging equipment to diagnose patients. We also perform neuro-endovascular procedures in our IR suite, such as stroke interventions and neurovascular angiography.
- Stereotactic stealth system: This advanced equipment allows our neurologists to precisely locate where a neurological problem is occurring. This is vital to treatment because nerves run through the entire body, making it difficult to localize problem areas.
Emergency stroke treatment
Our neurologists and emergency physicians work together to provide emergency stroke treatment in our emergency room (ER) 24/7. As a result of our quality stroke care, our hospital has been certified by DNV GL Healthcare as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. This acknowledgement demonstrates our commitment to delivering fast, highly skilled treatment to patients coming to us with stroke symptoms.
If you suspect you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately.
The spine doctors at our hospital are highly trained to diagnose and treat diseases and injuries of the spine. Our spine care services include diagnostic testing and a range of treatment options — including pain management techniques, such as epidural steroid injections and spine surgery. We are committed to finding the most effective solution to resolve back pain and spine conditions.
Neurosurgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on treating conditions, injuries and disorders affecting the nerves in your body, brain and spine. Our surgeons have extensive experience and training in neurosurgery, navigating the complex nature of the brain and spine with skill and precision.
Neurological trauma care
Our hospital is also home to a Level II Trauma Center where we offer lifesaving treatment for patients arriving with traumatic neurological injuries, such as traumatic brain and head injuries.