Inpatient physical rehabilitation in Bradenton, Florida
You deserve to live a strong, healthy life, but you may need help achieving that after serious illnesses or injuries.
When this happens, the rehabilitation specialists at HCA Florida Blake Hospital are with you every step of the way. We can help diagnose and treat you, offering you immediate attention in our acute inpatient rehabilitation unit. Whatever you need, we help you restore strength, endurance, balance, communication and your ability live the life you want.
Conditions and injuries we treat
Our rehabilitation specialists care for people with all types of conditions and injuries, including:
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Disc herniation
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal tumors
Our inpatient physical rehabilitation program
When you need a higher level of rehabilitative care, the specialists in our inpatient physical rehabilitation unit will partner with you to design a recovery plan tailored to your needs.
About our program
Our inpatient rehabilitation unit offers 28 private and semi-private patient rooms and is dedicated to providing comprehensive rehabilitative care. As part of our inpatient program, you also have access to a higher level of care, if needed, such as dialysis, diagnostic imaging, medical consultations or laboratory testing.
To take a personalized tour of our inpatient rehabilitation unit, call us at (941) 526-3718.
Types of inpatient therapy we offer
Patients in our inpatient rehabilitation unit have access to:
- Therapeutic recreation — to address your needs, deficiencies, interests, barriers, life experiences and potential for reintegrating into the community; this therapy may include:
- Functional skill development
- Social adjustment skill training
- Leisure skill development
- Leisure education and counseling
- Community reintegration training
- Humor project
- Pet therapy
- Occupational therapy — to help you learn new ways to complete the activities of daily living after an injury or condition
- Physical therapy — to restore your function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disability from physical impairments
- Speech-language pathology — to improve your ability to communicate and/or swallow
To learn more about our speech-language pathology services, please call us at (941) 798-6220.
About our rehabilitation center
Our inpatient rehabilitation unit is equipped with a range of unique technology to aid in the rehabilitation process, including:
- Specialized apartments to practice activities of daily living with full bathroom, kitchen and laundry appliances
- Assistive movement tool that helps you walk faster and farther with increased independence
- Smart physical therapy equipment used for all types of therapies involving the upper and lower extremities
- Advanced system that allows radiographic viewing of the swallowing process
- Interactive technology that synchronizes body movements to enhance motor skills, strength, endurance and coordination
- Measurement tools for oral strength and endurance as it relates to speech therapy
- Gait-training equipment that controls the amount of weight being supported, posture and overall balance
- Interactive video game technology for balance, endurance and strengthening
- Use of electrodes to stimulate the swallowing muscles
When you are in our care, you have access to a range of specialty physicians, including:
- Physical therapists
- Physical therapy assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Therapeutic recreations specialists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Prosthetic-orthotic specialists
- Vascular and wound care physicians
- Infectious disease specialists
- Scheduling coordinators
Support for family and friends
As you adapt to change, the support of family and friends is vital, but they face their own challenges with the sudden onset of change for their loved one. We help by including support for your family, caregivers and friends, in our individualized therapy care plans. All members have an opportunity to learn about their role, and each is asked to participate in therapy training sessions as needed.
Discharge planning is an important step in the rehabilitative process. Upon discharge from our center, equipment and home or outpatient services are coordinated to complete the final stages of the rehabilitation program.
Looking for another location?
Our Inpatient physical rehabilitation Locations