Heart and vascular surgery
Cardiovascular surgeons work to repair damage done to the heart and blood vessels. Damage can be caused by heart diseases or disorders, including heart failure and congenital heart defects. Surgery is a vital part of treatment for many heart conditions.
Cardiovascular surgery specialists in Bayonet Point, Florida
HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital has all the resources and expertise you need for a successful cardiovascular surgery and healthy recovery in Hudson, Florida.
In addition to skilled heart and vascular surgeons and support staff, our cardiac department offers specialized operating rooms. These contain advanced equipment and tools that let your cardiovascular teams provide you with safe, effective and efficient care. We also offer a 20-bed cardiac surgical unit and a 12-bed surgical step-down unit. This gives you the complete, ongoing care you need from diagnosis through recovery.
Looking for another location?
Our Heart and vascular surgery Locations
Heart conditions we treat with surgery
As part of our complete cardiac services, we will do our best to treat you without surgery. When the best treatment is surgery, however, we offer advanced surgical care for many conditions, including:
- Aortic aneurysms and valve issues
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats)
- Mitral valve regurgitation and prolapse
Heart and vascular procedures we offer
Our Arrhythmia Center and specialists care for you throughout your diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Some of our offerings include:
- Aortic valve replacement and repair
- Convergent "maze" procedure
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Endoscopic vein harvest
- Mitral valve replacement and repair
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Transmyocardial revascularization (TMR)
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
During cardiovascular surgery, we may use perfusion equipment, also known as heart-lung machines, and cardiac anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety during surgery. Your doctor will talk to you about this beforehand, so you understand what to expect.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
TAVR is an innovative, minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat aortic valve stenosis. It replaces a damaged aortic valve without removing the improperly functioning, damaged valve. Instead, a replacement valve is wedged into the former location of the damaged valve.
Because TAVR is minimally invasive, it is not considered open-heart surgery. Specifically, TAVR is unlike open-heart surgery because:
- It is a closed-chest treatment.
- It eliminates the need for perfusion equipment (heart-lung machine).
- It does not require stopping the heart.
- It takes place while your heart is still beating.
- It is performed by TAVR surgeons with specialized training in structural heart surgery.
We can tell you everything you need to know about the TAVR procedure, just call our heart valve nurse navigator at (727) 819-2969.
Roger Cote Patient Story
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.