Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.
Diagnostic imaging services in Sarasota, Florida
When you need medical imaging, we’re here to provide prompt, comprehensive services.
At HCA Florida Sarasota Hospital, our radiology department focuses on providing excellent care and advanced medical imaging and diagnostic tools. This allows us to offer you the type of diagnostic care that’s right for you. Additionally, our imaging department is conveniently located to serve patients throughout Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch and Venice.
Our radiology services
We offer a variety of diagnostic imaging tests to help you and your doctor better understand your health.
Imaging tests we offer
At our imaging center, we use state-of-the-art technology, including:
- 3D and digital mammography is used for the early detection of breast cancer and other conditions related to breast health.
- Computerized tomography (CT) allows radiologists to see inside your body. It uses a combination of X-rays and computers to get pictures of organs, tissue, bones and joints.
- Interventional radiology uses imaging to direct minimally invasive surgical procedures that diagnose and treat a variety of conditions.
- Ultrasound imaging (sonography) uses sound waves to capture images inside your body. It is often used to diagnose infections or heart conditions. It is also commonly used to assist with biopsies and examine babies in the womb. Ultrasounds do not use radiation and are noninvasive.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses magnets, radio waves and computers to take detailed pictures of the inside of the body. They may be used to determine the effectiveness of treatment.
- Nuclear medicine uses small amounts of radioactive materials to examine organ function.
Bone density screening
Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) is typically an integral part of orthopedic care and can be used to examine bone density, bone strength and bone fractures. Among other things, this technology allows us to identify your risk of developing osteoporosis.
As part of our complete breast health services, we offer a wide range of imaging techniques to detect breast cancers and diseases.
Heart and lung imaging
Using X-rays, MRIs and CT scans, our team can perform a variety of exams to detect heart disease and cardiopulmonary disorders.
Biopsies help determine if cells are cancerous and the stage of cancer. Our staff uses CT scans, MRI scans and ultrasounds to precisely guide biopsies to secure tissue samples for examination.
Looking for another location?
Our Imaging services Locations