Inpatient physical rehabilitation in Osceola County, Florida
Acute rehabilitation can be crucial to your recovery following injuries, illnesses, surgeries or hospital stays.
At HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, we offer a dedicated inpatient acute rehabilitation center for longer-term rehabilitative treatment. This kind of treatment is often useful for recovering from complex neurological conditions or major surgeries.
Conditions we treat
Our inpatient acute rehabilitation center treats a wide range of conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Guillain Barré syndrome
- Joint replacement
- Parkinson's disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Rehabilitation services we provide
Our specialists personalize your treatment plan to your needs in order to help you achieve the highest level of independence possible.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation programs we offer
Our therapies and services include:
- Amputee rehabilitation
- Balance and vestibular rehabilitation (therapy for imbalance and dizziness)
- Hand rehabilitation
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Lymphedema treatment
- Manual therapy
- Neurological and post-stroke rehab
- Orthopedic and sports rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation (LSVT certified therapists)
Inpatient acute physical rehabilitation
Our Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Center is the only comprehensive medical rehabilitation unit in Osceola County and is located on the first floor of the hospital’s Tower A.
We specialize in longer-term rehabilitative treatment of complex neurological conditions, such as Guillain Barré syndrome, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, stroke and traumatic brain injuries. We also have deep expertise working with patients with more common conditions, such as arthritis, chronic pain and joint replacement recovery needs.
Inpatient rehab typically occurs a minimum of three hours, five days per week.
Our inpatient center offers:
- A full continuum of rehab therapies and programs
- Convenient access to physician specialists and medical services
- Nursing and therapies provided by a coordinated team of specially trained professionals
- Therapy customized according to your specific goals and needs
Features of our acute care facility
When it comes to rehabilitation after illness or injury, acute care rehabilitation facilities hold advantages over other options, such as skilled nursing and nursing home care. For example, our inpatient acute care facility offers:
- Private rooms
- 24/7 access to specially trained nurses
- Full continuum of rehabilitation therapies and programs
- Minimum requirement of three hours of therapy per day, five days per week
- Gym, advanced rehabilitation technology and an activity of daily living suite
- Convenient access to advanced medical services
- Frequent visits by a rehabilitation physician, most often a physiatrist
- Rehabilitative care plans customized to each patient's goals and needs
- Treatment from a multidisciplinary, collaborative team of specialists
If you or a family member would like to take a tour of the Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Center, please call (407) 846-2266.
Looking for a Location?
Our Inpatient physical rehabilitation Locations