Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.
Rehabilitation center in Orange Park
If you are recovering from a surgery, severe injury or prolonged illness, getting healthy can be a challenge — and may even be dangerous to attempt alone, but you don't have to.
We offer individualized inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation (rehab) services to improve your functionality, independence and, ultimately, your quality of life. HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital gives you access to highly qualified, licensed therapists who take a multidisciplinary approach to deliver therapeutic rehab services. We tailor the care to your needs, whether you are an adolescent, adult or senior.
Conditions we treat using therapy
Our program is designed to help you recover from surgery as well as various conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic spine pain
- Balance, gait and vestibular problems
- Degenerative joint diseases
- Neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, fibromyalgia and stroke
- Orthopedic injuries and surgeries
- Sports injuries
Our rehab treatments and services
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you and your family to meet your individual goals and needs.
Physical therapy helps correct and prevent disorders and injuries that may be causing pain and affecting your movement and ability to function. Techniques that physical therapists commonly use and often combine to promote health and mobility include:
- Exercise and strength training
- Gait training to learn how to walk without further injury
- Joint mobilization
- Manual therapy, such as massage or the manipulation of muscles by a therapist
- Training to use a prosthetic device, walker, crutches or wheelchair
Occupational therapy helps you recover and increase your independence by restoring the skills needed for regular activities and self-care. Our occupational therapists assist you so you can perform functional activities of daily living, including:
Speech pathology and audiology
Speech pathology addresses disorders of speech, cognition, communication and swallowing. Some of the services our speech pathologists offer include:
- Audiograms (hearing tests)
- Dysphagia assessment and treatments, including modified barium swallow
- Feeding and oral therapy
- Speech and language assessments to diagnose acquired language disorders and developmental delays
- Voice therapy
Specialized rehab programs
We offer specialized rehab programs involving a combination of therapies to help you get back to the activities you enjoy after experiencing certain medical conditions. These programs include:
- Cancer rehab — Cancer rehabilitation is part of our comprehensive oncology program. Our cancer-focused rehab team understands how a cancer diagnosis and the side effects of treatment and surgery can change how your body feels and moves. Cancer rehab helps improve and restore your physical functionality and emotional well-being.
- Lymphedema rehab — Lymphedema is a condition causing swelling in the arms or legs due to a blockage in the lymphatic system. It can often appear after cancer treatment. Lymphedema rehab helps to decrease swelling and ease pain and discomfort. Some of the treatments include compression bandaging, education, exercise and manual decongestive therapy.
- Vestibular rehab — Vestibular rehab involves specialized exercises and therapies to help with balance disorders and dizziness. Through this form of treatment, the brain can adapt to new ways of restoring balance in posture, movement, sight and coordination. Some of the services we provide include Canalith repositioning and electronystagmography (dizziness testing).
Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center helps you overcome functional limitations caused by severe illnesses and injuries to return to daily life as quickly and safely as possible. Our inpatient rehabilitation program combines medical care, therapy and education. Our specialists work together to provide individualized, compassionate care using the latest techniques and technologies.
If any medical complications occur during your rehabilitation, acute care hospital services are available on campus to treat any urgent needs and provide continuity of care.
All patients enjoy private rooms and baths, ensuring privacy and allowing for ample rest following therapy. Each patient receives the highest level of medical treatment possible and three hours of one-on-one therapy sessions per day.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
We provide comprehensive outpatient rehab services in our Outpatient Rehabilitation Center, conveniently located in the Medical Plaza building on our hospital's campus. To qualify for outpatient rehab, you must receive a consultation and referral from their physician.
We perform an initial evaluation during your first visit to determine their specific needs and goals. Then, we create an individualized, uniquely customized rehab plan, which may involve a variety of therapies.
Insurance coverage for rehab
Our office team helps verify your insurance benefits and explains how your insurance coverage works. We accept most major insurances as well as Medicare, Medicaid and worker's compensation.
Award-winning rehabilitation care
Our team of specialists is committed to providing high-quality care, demonstrated by our recognition from various organizations.
We are recognized as a Newsweek Top 20 America's Best Physical Rehabilitation Center and part of the top 10 percent in the country as designated by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation. Additionally, we are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities with Stroke Specialty and awarded for outstanding rehabilitation program performance.
Looking for a location?