Senior health, also referred to as geriatrics, is the medical treatment and care of the elderly. As we age, changes in our bodies and minds occur. Senior health refers to the maintenance of the physical and mental state. Specialized treatment may occur in seniors when diseases or disorders of the body and/or mind are identified.
Senior health centers in Gainesville, Florida
Seniors have unique health needs and deserve specialized, personalized health care, which is exactly what we offer.
At HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, we offer comprehensive primary care for older adults. Our senior care physicians and advanced practice professionals work with each patient to deliver healthcare tailored to their needs.
Looking for another location?
Our senior health care program
Our doctors specialize in geriatric health and provide treatment using a multidisciplinary approach.
Senior health services
We offer a variety of senior care services, including:
- Collaborative practice clinics for patients with osteoporosis and patients taking blood thinner medications
- Depression screening and support
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Insurance assistance with medications
- Lab draws, urine dips and waived testing
- Medication management
- Memory screening and support
- Routine office procedures, including Echocardiograms (EKGs), bladder ultrasounds, simple skin procedures and ear lavages
We also offer case management services. Case managers assist with:
- Advance directives
- Alternate living arrangements
- Caregiver support
- Home healthcare needs
- Hospice care
- Medical equipment
- Palliative care
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.