Patient Visitation Policy
6:00am to 8:30pm
- A patient may designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential
- The facility will allow in-person visitation by the essential caregiver for at least 2 hours daily in addition
to any other visitation authorized by the provider.
- The facility visitation policies and procedures, will allow in-person visitation in all of the following
circumstances, unless the patient objects:
- End-of-life situations.
- A patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling
with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who
- A patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member
- A patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- For hospitals, childbirth, including labor and delivery.
- Pediatric patients.
- The policies and procedures may require a visitor to agree in writing, to follow the facility’s
policies and procedures. A facility may suspend inperson visitation of a specific visitor, if the
visitor violates the facility’s policies and procedures.