HCA Florida Osceola Hospital offers a variety of volunteer positions for those who want to help the hospital and improve the comfort of our patients.
Membership to our volunteer program is open to individuals 15 years of age and older who are interested in service to the patients and staff at HCA Florida Osceola Hospital. There are a few steps to becoming a volunteer at our facility.
The first step is meet with the Director of Volunteer Services to discuss your goals and determine a service area that meets your needs. All applicants will need to successfully pass a criminal background check to continue with the volunteer process. A TB test is required and will be done free of charge at our employee clinic. All applicants must also provide proof of immunization for COVID.
Potential volunteers will be scheduled to attend hospital orientation which is usually held on a Monday from 8:30am to around 3:45pm. Orientation provides important information for volunteering in a hospital setting.
- Volunteers must be able to commit at least 4 hours once a week on a set schedule.
- Volunteers cannot perform any direct patient care.
- Shifts: 8:00am - 12 noon, 12 noon - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Opportunities are available 7 days a week.
- Commitment of 72 hours over the course of 6 months is required.
- Running errands for staff, assisting with paperwork, delivering lab specimens, delivering flowers, and patient mail.
- Main lobby volunteer desk: directing visitors to their destinations, delivering flowers to patient rooms, discharging patients by wheelchair and other customer related duties.
- Gift shop general duties.
- Driving courtesy golf cart to transport visitors from our parking lot to the main entrance.
For more information
If you would like more information about volunteer opportunities at HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, call (407) 518-3907 or use the form below.