Urologists in St. Petersburg, Florida
We offer patient-centered urology services tailored to your specific needs.
Our urologists at HCA Florida Northside Hospital specialize in the diagnostics and treatments of bladder control conditions, such as overactive bladder. They partner with you to develop a customized treatment plan geared towards resolving symptoms and restoring your urological health.
Looking for a Location?
Help for bladder control problems
Bladder control problems are common, and they can affect both men and women.
How do I know if I have an overactive bladder?
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, you may need to consult your physician to see if you could benefit from urology services:
- Do you feel the need to wear absorbent undergarments or stay near bathrooms — just in case?
- Do you get up to urinate several times throughout the night?
- Have you avoided activities you once enjoyed for fear of having a urinary accident?
- Is your bladder problem always on your mind?
Overactive bladder symptoms
The following are symptoms of overactive bladder:
- A strong urge to urinate followed by a loss of urine
- Decreased urinary stream or "dribbling"
- Difficulty initiating urination
- Inability to hold urine long enough to make it to the restroom
- Straining to empty the bladder
- Urinary leaking triggered by laughing, sneezing, lifting heavy objects or exercising
Overactive bladder treatments
We offer a variety of urologic treatments to patients with overactive bladder, including:
- Insertion of a urinary catheter
- Physical therapy
- Sacral nerve stimulation
Sacral nerve stimulation
Sacral nerve stimulation helps stabilize the communication between the brain and the nerves that control the bladder. It involves an implantable device that sends mild electrical pulses to the sacral nerves, which regulate the bladder and the muscles related to urinary function.