For Patients at HCA Florida Northside Hospital
Our hospital is committed to offering patients a range of information and resources, including medical records, financial resources and contact information.
Information, guidance and resources for our patients
Because patient care is our most important job, HCA Florida Northside Hospital is committed to creating an environment that is safe and comfortable for our guests and visitors. Our unique programs and services are designed to make your experience here exceptional.
Preregister for an appointment
At HCA Florida Northside Hospital, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we offer convenient online preregistration for services such as surgical procedures, mammograms and diagnostic tests and treatments.
Patient policies and procedures
HCA Florida Northside Hospital strives to give patients the best experience possible by creating and carrying out patient-focused policies and procedures.
Before your hospital admission
- Your doctor’s office staff will help get approval from your insurance provider. (Some plans require pre-approval.) Ask your insurance provider about costs for which you will be responsible.
- Hospital staff will review your health history.
- Your nursing needs, anesthesia needs (if having surgery) and other care will be planned.
- Appointments will be made for any needed preoperative diagnostic tests.
- Use this time to ask any questions you may have, including payment plans available.
- Arrange to have a family member or friend pick you up and bring you home the day you will be discharged. Our address is:
6000 49th St N St Petersburg FL 33709
Phone: (727) 521 - 4411
The night before your surgery
What to bring with you and what to leave at home
Please do not bring these items to the hospital:
- Valuables, such as jewelry, money, credit cards, etc.
- Electrical appliances—if you have a specific need, please talk with your nurse.
How to get the best healthcare
Have a Living Will (Advanced Directive).
- Let your loved ones know in advance what decisions to make on your behalf in the event you are suddenly unable to do so.
- Make sure your Healthcare Surrogate has a copy of your Living Will, understands your wishes and agrees to follow your wishes.
- It is also a good idea to have an alternative Healthcare Surrogate.
- Know your health issues.
- Know what is being recommended by your physician(s) and why it is best for you.
- Know your rights and responsibilities.
- Why is the test or treatment needed?
- How will it help my condition?
- Is it covered by my insurance?
- What costs will I be responsible for?
- When will I get the results?
- What medications am I being given and why?
- What medication interactions and reactions should I look for?
- What foods should I avoid with these medications?
- Ask your healthcare provider to repeat key points.
- Have a friend or relative listen with you. Two pairs of ears are better than one.
- Make sure your healthcare providers know what medications you take.
- Have someone speak up on your behalf.
- Be comforted by having someone support you.
During your stay
- Your doctor will visit you as much as needed based on your condition and recovery.
- Our nurses will make sure you receive the care your doctor orders.
- If you have concerns about the care you receive or actions of our staff, please contact the unit clinical manager or director. Their pictures and contact information are posted in patient rooms.
- If you are at risk of falling, please be sure to follow instructions to keep you safe.
- Each person who cares for you will wear an identification badge.
- We are committed to maintaining your privacy and confidentiality.
Discharge from the hospital
- Any necessary home assistance from a visiting nurse
- Medical equipment or supplies
- Short-term nursing facility placement, if necessary
Pay bill online
Consult-A-Nurse is a free service we offer to help our patients with a variety of healthcare-related needs.
Our nurses are here for you.
- Answering healthcare questions
- Finding a doctor and making an appointment
- Registering for classes and events
Plus Care Network
If your doctor recommends additional care to aid in your recovery after leaving the hospital, we can help.
It is your right to choose your post-hospital facility/agency, but as part of our commitment to patient care, it is our responsibility to help you choose the one that will best meet your needs.
We want to provide quality healthcare to you, your family and friends, and if any patient concerns arise, we want them to be brought to our attention.
We strive to provide you service that will ensure you recommend Northside Hospital to others. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better service you. Should you have a special need or concern about your care or services, we would like the opportunity to assist you promptly. Please contact the supervisor of the department if staff is unable to respond to your concerns.
If you would like to speak with the administration supervisor after regular business hours, you may do so by calling the hospital operator. Once received, resolution of your concern will be accomplished as promptly as possible.
You may also write to us at:Northside Hospital
c/o Administrative Services
6000 49th St N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33709
The Agency for Healthcare Administration
The Agency for Healthcare Administrations (AHCA)
2727 Mahan Drive
Building I, Mailstop 27
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (888) 419-3456
The Joint Commission
Northside Hospital is proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission encourages you to bring your concern to the attention of the hospital. If your concern does not lead to resolution, you may bring your concern to them at:
Office of Quality Monitoring
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Fax: (630) 792-5636
Navigating the healthcare process
HCA Florida hospitals are dedicated to supporting our patients and helping them navigate the healthcare process.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records - lab results, physicians notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physicians or caregiver
- And more