Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.
Radiology in St. Petersburg, Florida
When you come to us for imaging services, we value your time, which is why we offer free accessible parking, minimal wait times and walk-in appointments.
Board-certified radiologists at HCA Florida Northside Hospital offer state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging 24/7. Additionally, we offer extensive interventional procedures and are recognized by the American College of Radiology for nuclear medicine and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
Our radiology services and procedures
Our radiology department is available 24/7. We offer a wide range of diagnostic imaging tests and image-guided procedures, including:
- 64-slice computerized tomography (CT) scanner
- Angiography, angioplasty and stenting
- Aspiration and drainage of infections or abscesses
- Biliary procedures
- Carotid artery interventions
- Chemoembolization and selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT)
- Cryo- and radiofrequency ablations
- Discography and embolization for bleeding due to trauma, hemoptysis or nosebleeds
- Embolization for uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome and varicoceles
- Embolization for vascular malformations
- Endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms, aortic repairs and aortic dissections
- Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and stroke
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Foreign body retrieval
- Gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy tube placement and exchange
- Hemodialysis access maintenance
- Infiltrations and guided injections
- IVC filter placement and removal
- Lumbar drain placement
- Lumbar puncture
- Nephrostomy, nephroureteral and ureteral tube placement and exchange
- Neurolysis and plexus infiltrations
- Pulmonary embolism (PE) lysis
- Spinal vascular malformations treatment
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Treatment of arteriovenous (AV) fistula and graft malfunction
- Vena cava stenting
- Venous access ports
- Venous sampling
- Vertebroplasty and sacroplasty
- Y-90 embolization
Responsible diagnostic imaging
We are committed to the responsible use of radiation in medical imaging.
Our commitment to safe imaging
This means, when using radiation to diagnose a medical condition or complete a lifesaving procedure, our staff delivers high-quality images with the lowest possible radiation dose.
To do this, our experienced radiologists track the radiation output of imaging equipment during every procedure. We also regularly review all imaging equipment to ensure it meets appropriate quality standards.
Specialized radiology team
Our healthcare providers offer patients advanced medical imaging and diagnostics. Our board-certified radiologists oversee all procedures and offer medical direction. Our radiologists have fellowship training and/or expertise in the following:
- Cardiac imaging
- Interventional radiology
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- Nuclear medicine
Looking for a Location?