Complete physical therapy and rehabilitation services in Sebring, Florida
Recovery from a surgery or illness involves both the mind and body, which is why we are dedicated to helping you rebuild and rehabilitate — physically and mentally.
At HCA Florida Highlands Hospital, we know the journey to recovery is different for every condition and every patient. Our physical and rehabilitation specialists are focused on providing you with customized care. They will work closely with you and your doctors to meet your recovery goals, expectations and abilities in a safe, compassionate environment.
Physical rehabilitation specialties we offer
In addition to 24/7 inpatient physical therapy, our state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation services include:
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital offers state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation services in Sebring, Florida, including:
- Acute care (24/7 inpatient physical therapy)
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation (comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation as a part of our overall orthopedic care program)
- Physical therapy
- Specialized programs
- Speech therapy
- Outpatient services
Occupational therapy helps you perform activities of daily living while recovering from physical or mental illness.
Our dedicated occupational therapy staff provide:
- Individual assessments of your goals through collaborative engagements with you, your family and your therapist
- Customized plans to help you improve and reach your goals
- Evaluation of goal progression and any adjustments that need to be made
The journey to recovery is different for every condition and every patient. The physical and rehabilitation specialists at Highlands Regional are focused on providing customized care to meet each patient's recovery goals, expectations and abilities.
We use physical therapy to help you regain mobility, strength and endurance through:
- Education about the condition or injury, the healing process and ways to prevent injuries in the future
- Therapies, such as ice, heat, ultrasound or massage, and hands-on strength exercises as well as instructions on techniques to do at home
- Support throughout the recovery process
Our expert speech pathologists:
- Develop a customized plan of care and recommendations based on your condition and risk of aspiration (inhaling liquid); this plan may include alternative nutrition, diet modifications, swallow techniques and communication devices
- Provide patient and caregiver education related to impairment, disease processes and compensatory techniques
- Provide recommendations to help you reach your goals; for example, a home exercise program that is based on your strengths and weaknesses
Other specialized therapy and rehabilitation programs
It requires unique support to recover from certain chronic and serious conditions. That's why our dedicated recovery teams offer specialized programs for:
- Arthritis: therapies include stretching, exercise and pain management, to help maintain and improve range of motion
- Cancer: recovery strategies focus on regaining strength and endurance
- Heart and vascular conditions: rehabilitation strategies include exercise, diet and education, to regain heart health and overall wellness
- Joint replacement: orthopedic care and physical rehabilitation focuses on regaining mobility and returning to daily activities
- Neurological conditions: customized therapies to meet cognitive, physical and emotional needs while enabling as much independence as possible, especially after experiencing a stroke
- Pulmonary conditions: rehabilitation strategies focus on reducing shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms while building strength and endurance
We also offer a full range of outpatient services to help you regain independence and achieve your recovery goals. A doctor's referral is required to access outpatient services at our hospital, but, for more information, please call us at (863) 471-6336.
Looking for a location?
Our Outpatient physical rehabilitation Locations