Visitors are welcome at our facility during our visiting hours as long as the patient consents to receiving guests.
Visiting hours: 8:00am – 8:00pm
If you are visiting a patient, be sure to sign in at the desk in the main lobby or the emergency room if it is after hours. Upon signing in, you will be issued an ID badge that shows the date of your visit as well as the area of the hospital you're visiting. Please wear your ID badge at all times during your visit.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
A patient may designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver.
- End–of–life situations.
- A patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- A patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
The policies and procedures may require a visitor to agree in writing, to follow the facility’s policies and procedures. A facility may suspend in-person visitation of a specific visitor, if the visitor violates the facility’s policies and procedures.
If you or your loved one have been met with resistance from a hospital when attempting to visit with loved ones, you may file a complaint with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) for further review and action.
- The Joint Commission Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals – RI.01.01.01
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid §482.13 (h) (1-4)
- S. 408.8235 – No Patient Left Alone Act
- The Florida Mental Health Act; Baker Act
- CDC Guidelines for Isolation Precautions: Preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Healthcare Settings