Wound care involves medical intervention to heal a wound after injury. Specialized treatment is provided for wounds that are non-healing or refuse to heal on their own. To promote healing, learning how to properly dress and care for wounds is vital.
Outpatient wound care center in Englewood, Florida
When you need help healing a wound that is resisting traditional care, the team at HCA Florida Englewood Hospital's wound center is here for you.
Our outpatient wound care center is staffed with experienced specialists who are committed to treating chronic and acute wounds. They use personalized treatment plans, advanced wound care technologies and years of expertise to promote optimal healing.
Looking for a Location?
Types of conditions we treat
Our physicians treat all kinds of chronic and acute wounds, including:
- Arterial/ischemic wounds — result of poor delivery of blood flow to the lower limbs
- Diabetic/neuropathic ulcers — a lack of sensation in the foot, due to neuropathy, that leads to ulcers
- Minor burns — burns that blister, swell or require bandaging
- Moisture incontinence or other related dermatitis — skin damage associated with excessive moisture
- Pressure ulcers — areas of tissue that become damaged due to prolonged pressure in certain areas
- Radiation injuries — wounds resulting from previous radiation treatment or exposure
- Skin tears — wounds resulting from prolonged friction or blunt force that results in the separation of layers of skin
- Surgical wounds — wounds which need special care after a surgical procedure
- Traumatic injuries — unplanned, severe wounds resulting from a traumatic incident, such as a car accident or fall
- Venous insufficiency ulcers — leg or ankle wounds that result from damage to the veins
Our wound care services
The treatment you receive at our outpatient wound care center will depend on the type of wound you have. Your doctor will individualize a treatment plan that fits your needs and focuses on proper healing.
Wound services and treatments we offer
We provide a wide range of wound treatment services, including:
- Bioengineered tissues/growth factor therapy
- Compression therapy (application of pressure to support the veins and improve blood flow)
- Debridement (removal of non-viable/dead tissue)
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic testing
- Infectious disease management
- Nutritional counseling
- Specialized and creative offloading devices (devices that remove pressure from a foot ulcer to promote healing)
- Total contact casting (special cast that removes weight from the foot)
- Vacuum-assisted closure (applies pressure on a wound to help it heal faster)
- Wound dressings with advanced technologies
About our wound care center
Our outpatient wound care center is staffed with experienced specialists who are committed to treating chronic, nonhealing and acute wounds.
Our wound healing team
Wound healing is a unique process and requires full-service care from a variety of healthcare professionals. That's why the team at our wound care center is made up of:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management
- Technicians who perform noninvasive studies and various therapies
- Nurses trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Experienced staff who assist with appointments, medical records and health insurance processing
We are here for you not only for advanced wound healing treatment but also for moral support and assistance with administrative requirements.
Coming to our wound center
The majority of patients at our wound care center are referred by their primary care provider, but we also welcome self-referrals.
If you would like to learn more about referring yourself to our wound care center, please call us (941) 473-9305.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
(We are closed on holidays.)
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.