Respiratory therapists in Englewood, Florida
At HCA Florida Englewood Hospital, the goal of our pulmonary specialists is to help you breathe easier.
Our respiratory therapists work side by side with your doctor to help restore pulmonary function and ease airway and breathing problems.
Lung and respiratory services
Our licensed and credentialed respiratory therapists evaluate, treat and care for patients with all types of conditions.
We provide pulmonary care to patients that experience chronic lung conditions, like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema, as well as emergency care for patients experiencing a heart attack, cerebrovascular accident (stroke), drowning or shock.
Our respiratory therapists provide diagnostic and therapeutic services, including:
- Arterial blood gas testing — This test analyzes blood drawn from an artery by measuring the levels of gases in the blood, such as oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Home oxygen testing — This test analyzes pulse oximetry and exercise for six minutes to qualify you for home oxygen use.
- Nebulizer treatment — This medical device allows for fast administration of medication to the lungs for patients with respiratory conditions, such as asthma. A nebulizer converts liquid medication into a mist that can be easily inhaled.
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT) — A PFT measures how well your lungs are working by measuring lung volume and capacity, exchange of gases and flow rates.
- Spirometry testing — A spirometry test measures how well your lungs are working by measuring how well and how much air you inhale and exhale.
- Sputum inductions — A sputum induction is a test that analyzes the substance that you cough up when your lung or airway infection is present. It is a diagnostic test to identify what is causing the illness.
Smoking cessation program
Quitting smoking is a big undertaking, and we are here to provide the education and support you need to be successful. We have partnered with the Gulf Coast South Area Health Education Center (GCSHEC) and Florida Department of Health’s Tobacco Free Florida to provide the resources you need to stop using tobacco.
COPD and congestive heart failure support group
We know that living with conditions such as COPD and heart failure comes with unique challenges. We provide a common, safe place for patients and their families to come together to discuss their experiences.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for a location?