Surgical services in Englewood, Florida
The key to a successful surgery is receiving care from a team of specialists committed to your recovery.
The surgeons at HCA Florida Englewood Hospital are highly trained specialists with years of surgical experience. Our priority is patient care, which is accomplished through preoperative education, skilled surgical care and postoperative recovery care. This extends to our various surgical procedures on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Our surgical treatments and services
Throughout your surgical experience, we're dedicated to providing you with personalized care and comprehensive support.
Surgical specialties we offer
We offer access to surgeons in a wide range of specialty areas, including:
- Cardiac and vascular procedures
- Carotid endarterectomy for carotid artery disease
- Lower and upper extremity bypass surgery for peripheral artery disease
- Vascular access for hemodialysis
- General surgery
- Bowel resection and other colorectal surgeries
- Gallbladder removal
- Gastrointestinal procedures
- Hernia repair
- Gynecologic surgery
- Endometrial ablation
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Treatment of pelvic health conditions, such as pelvic organ prolapse
- Orthopedic and spine surgery
- Partial knee replacement
- Podiatric (foot) surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Total joint replacement (knee, hip and shoulder)
- Urologic surgery
- Kidney stone removal
- Prostate removal (partial and total)
- Treatment for bladder conditions, such as urinary incontinence
The surgical suites at our hospital are equipped with robot-assisted surgical systems, offering patients access to the least invasive surgical options available. Robotic surgery is a less invasive technique compared to traditional, open surgery because it requires very small incisions.
Other benefits of robotic surgery include:
- Faster recovery time
- Less need for narcotic pain medicine after surgery
- Minimal scarring
- Shorter inpatient hospital stay
Our surgical facilities and programs
We want to ensure you receive the comfort and attention you need before and after surgery.
Dedicated care throughout your surgical experience
Our hospital includes a preoperative holding area where you are prepared for your procedure and visited by your surgeon and anesthesiologist for any questions before surgery. Following surgery, you will be moved to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) for monitoring as the effects of anesthesia wear off. Patients remain in the PACU for their initial recovery time.
Transportation, lodging and convenience (TLC) program
We know it can be stressful to coordinate all of the early morning details on the day of your surgery. To ease your mind, we have created our TLC program at a fixed fee to provide concierge services, including transportation to and from the hospital, access to your patient room the night before surgery and dinner the evening before surgery.
If you would like to learn more about this program, please call (941) 525-6775.
Surgery day expectations
Looking for a location?