If you are motivated to donate your time and talents, we invite you to join the volunteers at HCA Florida Westside Hospital in Plantation, FL.
Adult volunteer auxiliary
HCA Florida Westside Hospital is looking for dedicated adult volunteers to join The Auxiliary. Your time, talent and special touch are greatly needed. In return, you'll enjoy new friendships and a great deal of personal satisfaction.
Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas from 8:00am to 8:00pm seven days a week. The Auxiliary team works closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that match their interests, skills and motivation.
If you are available for four-hour shifts, one or several times a week, and would like to volunteer for a worthwhile cause, we need you! You must be over 18 years old and be able to commit to a minimum of one year of service.
Adult volunteer requirements
The following are requirements for our adult volunteers:
- Background check (provided by hospital)
- Written application
- Interview with our volunteer director
- Purified protein derivative (PPD) tuberculosis skin test (provided by hospital)
- Flu vaccine(mandatory from November 1st through-March 31st). Provide documentation of vaccine given. Vaccine needs to have been given after August and before orientation.
- Attend hospital orientation
- Purchase of uniform
Student "volunteen" program
The "volunteen" program offers teens (14 to 18 years old) who may be interested in pursuing a career in healthcare an opportunity to experience the healthcare setting. The "volunteen" program offers a summer program that begins in June and a school-year program that begins in September/October. We accept a maximum of 50 students.
If you have any questions about our "volunteen" program, please email Liz.Gassew@HCAHealthcare.com.